• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking for Mosin Nagant M91 Lock-ring bayonets. Need a total of 3, but will settle for one at a time......

I had one, but managed to break the lock-ring, and those aren't found in the wild apparently! Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Looked on the auction sites and damn they are proud of them.....

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I wasn't looking for one, I would find them all over the place. Now I'm looking for some, and they all seem to be overseas, with shipping it's ridiculous.

One of my M91s has a M91/30 bayonet on it that I had laying around, one has the broken (No lock-ring) M91 bayonet on it, and the 3rd one has no bayonet. These are the last of the bayonets I need.

Need a few slings for various rifles, and a cleaning rod for the Swiss Vetterli. Then I'll have to buy a few more rifles so I'll have accessories to hunt for again.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bet the Germans hated to see them things coming at them.

True, seeing Soviet doctrine at the time was that bayonets were to be fixed at all times. Unless in a vehicle that didn't allow it due to room, but as soon as they disembarked, the bayonets went back on. Also they never had scabbards due to this reason.

Russians and their Mosin Nagant rifles......Shoot them until your out of ammo, then charge them with your bayonet until you break it, then club the enemy with your rifle.......

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Russians were (still are) very tough soldiers. I would not want to fight them. I was lucky enough to meet an old German soldier that fought at Stalingrad. Could tell tales that would make you dump in your pants. Out of 330,000 soldiers in the 6th army seems like less that 10,000 made it back home. He spent 10 years in Siberia in a mine.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Russians were (still are) very tough soldiers. I would not want to fight them. I was lucky enough to meet an old German soldier that fought at Stalingrad. Could tell tales that would make you dump in your pants. Out of 330,000 soldiers in the 6th army seems like less that 10,000 made it back home. He spent 10 years in Siberia in a mine.

True, the Russians gave no quarter to the German POWs they held. The last Russian held WWII German POW was released in 1956, 11 years after the war ended. Erich Hartmann was part of the 1956 group.

The Germans say just over 3,000,000 were taken POW, and just over 1,000,000 died in captivity.

Baldur von Schirach and Albert Speer were released in 1966 from Spandau Prison, and Rudolf Hess died in 1987 still incarcerated at Spandau Prison. Don't know if the two released in 66 were the last WWII German prisoners released or what.

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I managed to locate one at a "I can't pass this up" price. So now I just need to locate 2 more and ALL my milsurps will have a Pointy Stabbie thing.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll look when I get home. May have 1.

Let me know, if so, I'm sure we could reach a deal that we'd both be happy with!

Still need to get the stuck one, with the broken lock ring, off the one rifle. Just been busy with doctors, ER visits, tests and more tests, all while recuperating from the Ablation, and looking for some place where me, my wife, one of our sons, two dogs and a cat can crash for a month or two. The last of the Hurricane Michael repairs are going to be starting soon. Basically the MBR, MBR BR, LR, and Garage will be complete guts, and the chimney rebuilt. The Kitchen, Dining Room, and the complete upstairs along with the stairs are 100% complete already. At the same time the house will be resided.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True, seeing Soviet doctrine at the time was that bayonets were to be fixed at all times. Unless in a vehicle that didn't allow it due to room, but as soon as they disembarked, the bayonets went back on. Also they never had scabbards due to this reason.
    Store my Mosin with bayonet turned around on muzzle like this to keep track of it in all my mess.
    69FF0706-3B45-41AF-BCA5-7EB98940AB46.jpeg
    Betcha the Ruskies did the same thing.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Store my Mosin with bayonet turned around on muzzle like this to keep track of it in all my mess.
    View attachment 141176
    Betcha the Ruskies did the same thing.

All mine WERE stored pointy end up on the rifle. I've since drilled holes into the rifle racks and store all the cruciform bayonets pointy end down in said hole next to the corresponding rifle. That would be 4 M91/30s, 3 M91 variations (2 are Finned), 1 M69/71 Vetterli, and 1 P1853 Snider-Enfield, that are done this way now. The rest of the rifles have easily removed bayonets or folding bayonets.

Pictures before I drilled the holes, and two shots of the stuck one with the broken lockring. The lockring literally broke into 3 pieces, when the rubber mallet caught the lockring, during one of the hits on the shoulder of the bayonet.

20210524_134446.jpg

20210524_134451.jpg

20210524_134511.jpg

20210524_134518.jpg

20210524_164013.jpg

20210524_164028.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom