• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the fellow next to me had an accidental discharge. He loaded the rifle, then picked it up putting his finger into the trigger guard and bang. I saw the bullet impact the dirt bank. I'd have never noticed if he'd been sitting down. Then, another dude down the way from me pumped 3 or 4 rounds into MY target... then went out there to "check his accuracy"... Then, when I thought it couldn't get worse, some guy started fiddling with his rifle on the bench while the range was cold and a guy was stapleing his target to the board downrange. I'm going to start going very early during weekdays.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so at what point did you step up to the plate to educate these fellas?

I went to ERML (excuse me, ahem, ERGC...Escambia River Gun Club, I guess they changed the name to appeal to a broader audience) today and had a blast. No such issues.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What range was this ?? Was there a RSO present ?? What did the other shooters have to say about all this ??

At my range,EVERY member is a RSO. We all(any of us) have the right to declare something is contrary the club rules,to declare the line hot or cold,or call an IMMEDIATE cease fire and clear all weapons. When the range is declared cold, every member on the line has to verbally declare the line cold and no one is allowed to so much as touch any weapon. --- SAWMAN

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait, wait, wait.... This range normally NEVER has issues. I'm not about to point a finger at a range for something some ignorant customers did. The range in question has not ever in the time I've been frequenting had issues like this. In fact, the range officer couldn't have prevented these issues unless he'd been standing directly behind the offenders. With multiple shooters, how could he. The truth is, people freqenting ranges should be better trained. Let's not make more of this than I already did.

CviewGarand

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just concerned, since I actually manage SRSC. If it WERE us, I'd ask who the culprit was so that I could watch out for 'em in the future. :)

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait, wait, wait.... This range normally NEVER has issues. I'm not about to point a finger at a range for something some ignorant customers did. The range in question has not ever in the time I've been frequenting had issues like this. In fact, the range officer couldn't have prevented these issues unless he'd been standing directly behind the offenders. With multiple shooters, how could he. The truth is, people freqenting ranges should be better trained. Let's not make more of this than I already did.
    All it takes is one time man...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Burnt Drag, you are absolutely right about ..."people frequenting ranges should be better trained". Me,you,or a RSO, just can't fix the lack of common sense... or stoooopid.

At the range that I belong to, the members have to be personally recommended by another member. They are then screened by the board of directors,and in some instances they are even interviewed.

I consider myself a super safe range type shooter and I have had to be "reminded" of certain safety practices/club rules in the past.

Let's all stay safe out there. --- SAWMAN

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Burnt Drag, you are absolutely right about ..."people frequenting ranges should be better trained". Me,you,or a RSO, just can't fix the lack of common sense... or stoooopid.

At the range that I belong to, the members have to be personally recommended by another member. They are then screened by the board of directors,and in some instances they are even interviewed.

I consider myself a super safe range type shooter and I have had to be "reminded" of certain safety practices/club rules in the past.

Let's all stay safe out there. --- SAWMAN

True! It would not hurt anything for the owners to require new range customers view a safety video on range manners and proceedures. The first range experience for me was in H.S. ROTC. The D.I.s didn't give a second thought to dressing down any of us for offenses. BTW, I got admonished for not standing behind the "line".... but I wasn't touching anything on the bench.

Top Bottom