• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Worked last night, had to get up early for a dental appointment and almost didn't go. Got back in the same stand as before this afternoon and just like the earlier 8-pt, this guy came out about thirty minutes before quitting time, from about the same location, and eased along the edge of the woods.

After getting lucky seeing the 8-pt Tuesday night due to the small gap that allows a visual to the field, I cut a few limbs to provide a little more view before going home. It paid off as I got a couple extra seconds to look this guy over.

He was a little farther out at about 140ish yards. Hit him a little high but he dropped in his tracks. Glad I went this evening, can't kill em sitting on the couch.

Closer pic.

New puppy pic.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Another fine deer. That the arc rifle?
    It's true what you say about hunting. The more hours you spend the greater the chance of getting a good one. Need to inspire me by using the G40 or G41!

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Another fine deer. That the arc rifle?
    It's true what you say about hunting. The more hours you spend the greater the chance of getting a good one. Need to inspire me by using the G40 or G41!

It's muzzle loader season right now in my part of Florida.

I'm keeping one specific stand alone awaiting gun season where I'll be taking the pistol along in case I get a close up opportunity.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It's muzzle loader season right now in my part of Florida.

I'm keeping one specific stand alone awaiting gun season where I'll be taking the pistol along in case I get a close up opportunity.
    Sounds good, I'll be doing the same. You ever get a chance to load any of the lightweight frangibles for testing? I still wonder how they would do on larger game.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sounds good, I'll be doing the same. You ever get a chance to load any of the lightweight frangibles for testing? I still wonder how they would do on larger game.

No... honestly I don't think it would be the right thing to do/try. I don't mind testing various ammo and loads on live targets but I think messing with frang projectiles on animals is the wrong road to go down.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    No... honestly I don't think it would be the right thing to do/try. I don't mind testing various ammo and loads on live targets but I think messing with frang projectiles on animals is the wrong road to go down.
    Roger that, your right about larger game. I've shot coons, dillos and possums with the 223 brown tip. Blows em up. No shoot thru, as best as I could tell. Just curious anyway.

Top Bottom