• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Has or does anyone use a micro comp on their edc? Can you tell the difference in performance at the range?

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not good if you have to shoot at night. I have a heavily modified Glock with a KKM comp (which works great!) - but at night all you see is a fireball.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Unless you take the time to tune it, I wouldn’t mess with it.
    It’s not necessary and could make your setup not work. However the necessary part is entirely subjective.

bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I figured the night shooting would be the biggest issue considering you'll be temporarily blinded, mainly looking for recoil reduction as my wrists are all jacked up. As in not working do you mean a failure to cycle or something along those lines?

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I figured the night shooting would be the biggest issue considering you'll be temporarily blinded, mainly looking for recoil reduction as my wrists are all jacked up. As in not working do you mean a failure to cycle or something along those lines?

I had to change out springs, guide rod, etc to fine tune for the rounds I was using (+p+ For competition). I don’t shoot competitions anymore but I still shoot my Glock a lot. It is definitely not as dependable as a stock Glock. FTEs on light rounds, can’t run steel ammo, etc. Self defense rounds cycle just fine - and I am sure I could mess around with it to get it to cycle other rounds - but then it may not cycle the self defense rounds I keep in it.

Pudge

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Has or does anyone use a micro comp on their edc? Can you tell the difference in performance at the range?
    What type of handgun do you edc? And how small/definition of micro-comp?

I carry a G19 with Agency Arms 417 Comp. I have not had to change out any springs or do any extra work to make it remain reliable. (Reliability is my number 1 concern for edc!) I think a comp is very much worth it as long as it remains reliable. However, as stated, some comps do need to be tuned but not all. It is a fine line between performance enhancement and degradation of reliability. Each comp has pros and cons but with the right one you will definitely feel a large difference in felt recoil.

I know some may disagree wholeheartedly but night shooting is not an issue with a compensator. 1) If you are shooting in complete darkness you are already screwed because you can't see your sights so what are you shooting at anyway? 2) Due to number 1 you will probably be shooting with a light so you are already 'ruining' your night vision using that, right? 3) There is a large fireball from a regular handgun barrel and nobody really complains about that. This isn't just internet 'knowledge', this is from thousands of rounds shot through many handgun variations in low-light to very dark situations....stepping off my soapbox now.

Top Bottom