• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Good morning everyone, was wondering which micro pocket pistol you prefer to carry?
    Which caliber to you prefer in micro 9 or .380?
    Favorite micro carry you own or have shot?
    Do you like the steel, aluminum micros or polymer?
    Feel free throw in micro pistol in any other caliber that you might have, I am .380 kinda man with the ruger lcp gen 1 and taurus tcp and taurus 327 fed ( but she don't count.)

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don’t do micro, personally. My preference in CC pistols is G19 sized, in an appropriate OWB.

Now pocket carry? My Colt Agent 38S in an appropriate pocket holster. Exclusively for bad-breath distances.

You asked, so I chimed in. YMMV.

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don’t do micro, personally. My preference in CC pistols is G19 sized, in an appropriate OWB.

Now pocket carry? My Colt Agent 38S in an appropriate pocket holster. Exclusively for bad-breath distances.

You asked, so I chimed in. YMMV.
    Thank you for responding sir, no judgment everybody has there niche they like. So your pocket gun is 6 shot 38?

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would always choose 9mm over .380 just because it's a more powerful round in the same package. I carried a PPK/s for years and years in my front pants pocket. I really liked the fact it had a manual safety because I didn't use a holster. I traded it out for a Kahr PM9 for pocket carry that I then carried for another 10-12 years, with the long trigger pull making me feel ok about it since it didn't have a manual safety.

9mm is usually more available than .380 and comes in more flavors in the event your gun is finicky. Like Bowhntr6pt said in another thread, micro guns have some engineering challenges because they try to do a lot in a small package and they can be unreliable with ammo they don't like.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have owned and carried Kel-Tec and Ruger micro pistols, in 9mm and .380. I also had a Sig P238. The Sig was my favorite. The ergonomics fit me perfectly, and I could draw and hit from 50 feet with consistency. Recoil was not really an issue with the Sig, so I could keep on target much better than with the tiny polymer pistols.
    Between the two calibers, I would choose .380. The 9mm I had, a Kel-Tec PF9, was like walking a Great Dane on a short leash, and it just saw a squirrel.
    I've always gone back to my wheel gun, though. Taurus 85 in .38 Special has never let me down.

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have owned and carried Kel-Tec and Ruger micro pistols, in 9mm and .380. I also had a Sig P238. The Sig was my favorite. The ergonomics fit me perfectly, and I could draw and hit from 50 feet with consistency. Recoil was not really an issue with the Sig, so I could keep on target much better than with the tiny polymer pistols.
    Between the two calibers, I would choose .380. The 9mm I had, a Kel-Tec PF9, was like walking a Great Dane on a short leash, and it just saw a squirrel.
    I've always gone back to my wheel gun, though. Taurus 85 in .38 Special has never let me down.
    I also carry the taurus 327 federal magnum myself, different caliber but almost exactly same as the 85.

Reactions: sj1

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thank you for responding sir, no judgment everybody has there niche they like. So your pocket gun is 6 shot 38?
    Yes sir. 20% more capacity than a J frame.

I don’t see the need (personally) for preparing for a running gun battle with thugs or armed Jihadists, so for *me* and *my lifestyle* it works for concealed carry out and about suburbia and late nite runs to the grocery store. Now if we’re talking around the deer camp, bumming around the woods, etc. that’s a different story.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The new Ruger LCP Max is a heck of an upgrade to either the LCP 1 or 2. Totally different trigger, 5 pound pull single action with a blade safety, tritium front night sight and 10 round mag (with 12 round factory mags available) in the same footprint as the LCP II just about 2/10ths of an inch thicker. It’s a game changer. Absolutely love it.

There simply isn’t a 9mm is this size package with a decent capacity. I haven’t found a true pocket pistol in 9mm. If they’d make a pocket 9mm a similar size of the LCP with at least an 8 round capacity I’d be interested in it, but it simply doesn’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom