• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bac3996

Marksman
    Michael Bloomberg Is Starting A Gun Control Organization To Take On The NRA
    The Atlantic Wire
    By Brian Feldman 13 hours ago

Michael Bloomberg Is Starting A Gun Control Organization To Take On The NRA

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.
    Related Stories

From The New York Times:

The plans call for a restructuring of the gun control groups he funds, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. They will be brought under one new umbrella group called Everytown for Gun Safety.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

The idea of Bloomberg throwing $50 million behind gun control could do a lot to even the scales—gun control lobbyists have long lacked benefactors with deep pockets like those on the opposing side. But Bloomberg faces a big liability: himself. He might not be the right face for the organization. Here’s how Bloomberg describes coming up with the $50 million budget:

“I put $50 million this year, last year into coal, $53 million into oceans,” he said with a shrug, describing his clean energy and sustainable fishing initiatives. “Certainly a number like that, $50 million. Let’s see what happens.”

$50 million: a mere bag of shells. Let’s see what happens! And Bloomberg’s not particularly humble about his philanthropy. In his own words:

I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.

This article was originally published at http://www.thewire.com/national/201...ntrol-organization-to-take-on-the-nra/360728/

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You notice he always wants to take choice and freedoms away from people, Guns, sodas, salt, fat, freedom? he never wants to give to make things better always TAKE take take..That money would feed a lot of people!

dead-bird

Marksman
    Standard extreme liberal elitist genda.

We make the rules for you.
    We don't follow the rules.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Like a lot of liberals, he figures he is smarter than we are. And with that money...

Don't see a lot of building by liberals - no new companies, oil fields, refining plants, or other developments to build the infrastructure of the US of A that is neccessary to brinig the country out of the current slump it (we) are in. It started under Bush, agreed. But if one looks just a bit further, it started under a liberal Democrat Congress the last couple years of Bush's second term. Would love to see a turn around of the country during the last two years of Obama's second term with a conservative Congress!!!

fishingjean

Master
    That last sentence will certainly be Mr. Blooms fatal mistake, if there is a God?, you kidding me!!!! That statement alone tells you about his character!!He will not stop an be judged? I wonder what he was on at that time??? I cant believe a man with this attitude is still walking around!!!!!! Denny in Pace!!! just my 2-cents

jclark77

Shooter
    "I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close."

Because the Bible teaches that we just buy our way into heaven, right?

reel_crazy

Expert
    we need to figure out a way to get some of that money.. perhaps get our wives, girlfriends involved.. take his money and run...
    rich

fishingjean

Master
    That's probably right Jakec!!! I think me an wife might go to range this morn. , still haven't shot my new ar!!!!!! Denny in pace!!

Seanpcola

we need to figure out a way to get some of that money.. perhaps get our wives, girlfriends involved.. take his money and run...
    rich

This ^^^^^^

I say get involved in gun control, join his organization, get in a position where you can get grants from Dumberg for "research" then pull a Mark Kelly, i.e. Go around buying ARs to show how easy it is.:rockon:

joe

Master
    Lots of money, power & his belief that he knows what is best for the world is very dangerous. People like this guy make me nervous. He has an ego the size of Texas & bank account to match.

I bet he has some of the same psychological characteristics of historical ruthless dictators.

Idoono

Master
    I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.

I seriously think this is not going to happen. If I read my Bible correctly. I think the Man said that you don't get there by works alone. But of course since he is a Demon-crat he thinks that automatically qualifies him.

Idoono

Last edited:

Deersniper270

Master
    Here is the first ad. Came up while I was watching videos on youtube about knife making. It makes sense and the ad seems harmless. If all the organization is going to do is get gun safety awareness out then that's cool.

And then there is the website that is a little more extreme...

http://everytown.org/

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Gun safety is so important and that is a good vid,BUT where does he go from there? If parent's were put in jail EVERY TIME something like that would happen guns would be kept away from kids. Telling them NO is not enough. Kids will pick up guns no matter how many times they were told not to.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Way to go on getting the name.

I believe in gun safety for everyone. For children, my thought is to gun safe the child - teach them about the tool called firearms, teach them to respect guns and to when and how to use them correctly. Just like house proofing the child - tell them NO and be firm.

Do have to be smart about child proofing the house and guns but that is only half the job.

FNHman

Marksman
    Any movement aways starts with soft general ideas to indoctrinate any many follows as possible, then the brainwashing starts a little at a time. The masses get slowly introduced to more radical ideas as the group unites and shares a false sense of power, authority, and good doing. The thought of failure drives them to incorporate their beliefs into all aspects of their daily lives especially their interactions with others.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom