• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aknavy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I turned on the news this morning, which I rarely do because it usually irritates me. The discussion was about the recent Chattanooga shooting. The efforts that the commentators were making to avoid calling it Islamic terrorism and look for other motives amazes me. Then, they went on to say that we shouldn't arm the military recruiters because they aren't capable of using sidearms responsibly/safely, and that they are only able to use rifles. This wasn't even CNN, from which I totally expect this kind of garbage. Apparently, either I'm completely out of touch with reality or they are - I'm going to go with they are. It'll be another month before I put the news on TV again.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's why I don't watch broadcast news if I can avoid it. You'll just spend a lot of time with your jaw dropped and a confused look on your face.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    How do you expect someone who has little to no exposure or experience with the military to actually be able to make a informed opinion about the military?

I don't watch, listen, or read commentary(except this site). I don't need to hear the opinion of a journalism major, with a minor in creative writing, and 10,000$ in plastic surgery. I can make my own opinion. Televised news, regardless the channel or parent company, is 90% commentary. Sometimes they will find an expert to say what they want so as to enforce their stance on an opinion. Saying what people want to hear isn't reporting news. And finding someone who tells you what you want to hear isn't being informed.
    Constant news coverage has it's price, sometimes they run out of things to report and then fill the gaps with personal opinions. By sometimes, I mean most of the time.

Top Bottom