• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mattress Factory is doing a $1000 off doorbuster for President's Day Sale on Therapedic Backsense matts.
    I used a Therapedic Legacy for a little over 12 years, and I'm a big fella.
    I'd suggest the Ardmore Extra Firm for $499, then by a 2"or thicker latex topper from somewhere online ;)

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    There must be a huge mark-up on mattresses or there wouldn't be a store on every other corner.
    A few years ago we bought a Stearns and Foster from a place on Davis Hwy. I always wanted one because my uncle had one in his guest room and it was the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on.
    The one we got turned out to be a POS. It was terrible and the guy at the store was a jerk, didn't want to give us our money back, just a trade. We finally were such a pain that he did give us a refund and we went to Haverty's and bought a Simmons or maybe it's a Serta, can't remember. We've been happy with it.
    I believe the store we bought the Stearns and Foster from is no longer there. That guy hated his job.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Extra firm would kill my back. Need plush or ultra plush.

That's what a 2" or 3" Latex topper is for.
    Ultra Firm has a higher spring count or thicker foam in the center,
    to properly support the spine, the latex gives one the Cloud feeling
    without loosing proper spinal support...

Altho if you have back issues, check with your Spine Doc/Chiropracter...
    they'll probably say the same thing, or suggest a Sleep Number 360 Smart Bed.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Salesman won't let you just come in and walk around. They have to stand there and beg you to please not leave. I really couldn't decide between the Simmons and the Stern's so I held off. Glad I did. Facebook ads had loaded my timeline with mattress deals. New models are rolling out. Last year's are on clearance. As much as I didn't want to, the tempur when new is the best mattress you'll ever lay on.
    Would have been 5399+ tax in store, bought last year's model direct from tempur for 3200 and a free tempur matress topper was included(200) Should be delivered in a week or so.

Last edited:

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There must be a huge mark-up on mattresses or there wouldn't be a store on every other corner.
    A few years ago we bought a Stearns and Foster from a place on Davis Hwy. I always wanted one because my uncle had one in his guest room and it was the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on.
    The one we got turned out to be a POS. It was terrible and the guy at the store was a jerk, didn't want to give us our money back, just a trade. We finally were such a pain that he did give us a refund and we went to Haverty's and bought a Simmons or maybe it's a Serta, can't remember. We've been happy with it.
    I believe the store we bought the Stearns and Foster from is no longer there. That guy hated his job.

Yes, Absolutely a huge markup.
    Most of the springs inside mattresses are made by Leggett & Platt,
    the rest in the USA are usually from Hickory NC's HSM Solutions.
    each mattress company selects the strength, coil count, etc...
    then wraps them in their own fabrics and foams.
    This is why Koala Mattress Factory offerings were so inexpensive.
    Shipping them is a major factor in what adds to the cost.

Which is why I went to Big Lots for mine.
    Last year's discounted models ;)
    Serta Copper Infused Foam bag inna box.
    https://www.biglots.com/product/sta...-gel-memory-foam-mattress-in-a-box/p810405058

Main thing with Bag In a Box matts...even tho most say you can sleep on them 8 hours after opening...
    DON'T. You want to make certain it is fully expanded before use...don't even put sheets on it.
    I went on an out-of town trip, opened it up on my adjustable frame and left...2 days later it was fully out-gassed.
    They say the gasses are harmless, but we all know how well our gov't protects us...

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Inspect it well before they offload it. Look for torn wrapping or box.
    Then watch them as they bring it inside. Make sure they don't unwrap/unbox it outside and drag it on the ground. Or snag it on a doorframe.
    Then, if they are setting it up for you, be careful that they either wash their damn hands, or put on clean gloves. Not a virus thing; a greasy delivery-guy hands thing.

Once you accept it, any damage claims later are on you, not them.

Ask me how I know about these items... a crappy delivery crew can make your multi-thousand dollar mattress look like a used one from a motel, from the truck to the bedroom, based on how they do their job.

Good luck.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I hate to be that guy, but I'm so pissed right now. Mattress gets set up, I'm not signing anything. Let them deal with some shit at the office like I've had to deal with.
    They send a notification the night before in a 4 hour window. You can't even pick the time, so now I'm going to have to take a day off of work. Monday morning, 801am. If I don't stroke out by then they are going to hear about it.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just had a Purple delivered Friday night. HUGE improvement over my old slumped in mattress

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We went with a $350 Vibe brand based on some quack’s recommendation (wife’s pal sees a chiropractor). Very happy so far. I’m gonna treat it like a payment plan. We’ll probably go through 3 of them over 10 years, and if we get better than that I’ll call it a win over “big mattress “ lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a $400 pillow top Serta mattress from Sam's club I just bought a month ago and it is awesome. This crap you have to spend $1000 or more for a good mattress is BS! I like firm mattresses and this mattress was rated 4.6 out 5 stars and all the low ratings said the mattress was too firm, a pillow top too firm LOL! Nice thing about Sam's club is they offer White Glove delivery service on a lot of the mattresses, the company that delivered my mattress picked up the old taco bed and hauled it away!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I'm in a much better mood with this new mattress over the last several weeks. Not as sore. More pep in my step. Don't leave the house angry.
    Don't wake up 5 times a night. Hope it continues.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    REALLY GUYS !!!
    Slept many nights on the pool table at Rosies Tiger Lady Bar in the Phillipines. So i'm pretty much good to go with any mattress. --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    REALLY GUYS !!!
    Slept many nights on the pool table at Rosies Tiger Lady Bar in the Phillipines. So i'm pretty much good to go with any mattress. --- SAWMAN
    My back can't take one night on a carpeted floor

Top Bottom