• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in unless work gets in the way.

I don't have a problem with Chili's or Ruby Tuesday's, I just thought for once we might go somewhere more laid back and low key. I mean, the previously mentioned places are low key but I was thinking locally owned.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What happened to the Oval office? I thought that was the almost choosen location.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm in unless work gets in the way.

I don't have a problem with Chili's or Ruby Tuesday's, I just thought for once we might go somewhere more laid back and low key. I mean, the previously mentioned places are low key but I was thinking locally owned.

even if i cannot make it, this is a good idea, give locals money, not big chains...

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well, it looks about 50/50 on me making it. I am going to try. I need a break real bad.

What happened to all of James' posts?

I deleted them. I told people the other day to not wait until the last minute to let me know who is coming to the Oval Office on Saturday and nobody responded up until the point I deleted my posts on Wednesday. I would have had to call the lady at the Oval Office today with a head count in order for her to set up a table for us before we got there. This would have ensured that we all were able to sit together. In lieu of the lack of response, I decided to remove all of my posts regarding this luncheon for Saturday and not to attend. I took up the reigns on this luncheon and made a decision when nobody else would. There was too much indecisiveness about deciding where to go. I made the phone call to ask about how the crowd was at the Oval Office on Saturdays at 11:30. I posted the information for all to see and nobody responded. This was an effort for all the members in the Pace/Milton/Pensacola area to get together. I was really expecting a positive result from the members in these areas. I am disappointed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn. So nothing? Heck even though sadly this is a no go, I guess, I might just show up to the Oval office out of curiosity. I've never been there and sounds interesting.

Guess there will be a table for one please.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Work and family has usually conflicted on the Brunch days but I'll try to make one in the future. Working this Saturday though

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm really going to try to make it. If I can get another airplane flown out today and the other storage site moving I'm taking the weekend off. I'll be there if at all possible.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Disgust and disappointment. As I just told Frank, I may or may not participate in any future luncheon planning. There is too much indecisiveness and procrastination on the part of many members.

Geeez, I was hoping for laid back and fun meet and greets.

James, I would suggest being a little careful about labeling folks as being indecisive or procrastinators. Don't know what's going on in your life but a lot of folks on here have family, work for a living and other commitments. I've been knocking out 12 hour days, seven a week outside in the heat all damned day long for a while now. I can't 100% commit because I have no idea if I'll wake up tomorrow and have to meet county officials, utility people or someone coming to pick up an airplane.

Lets keep this easy going, fun and flexible. No one is getting graded on attendance and you're not being rated on your talent as leisure time and social coordinator.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whoa..... everybody take a Xanax.

I have not contributed to this thread due to my location. However, you're certainly not cultivating my interest by requiring a RSVP or insulting people because of their inability to commit to a gun forum voluntary lunch.. Read the last four words a few times. Hell I don't want to go just by the tone of this thread.

Disappointment and disgust? In the totality of life, this GCGF lunch is bellybutton lint. A little perspective would go a long way.

Sean, as you are both a moderator and one of the active participants in this lunch, may I suggest picking several neutral (geographic and socio-economic) locations that don't require a special handshake. K.I.S.S. logic here Sean. I've been both very poor and now very comfortable, this lunch should be something that ALL can participate in. Those that can't afford it or aren't interested in anything but a casual environment shouldn't be precluded from going for those reasons. Unless you're all wanting an elitist little club of your own.

This should be fun, no butt-hurting or wadded panties.

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom