• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Watching the interview right now, quite confusing. why are there so many "agents" behind the sheriff while answering questions? and why do they step in to complete the questioning? Are they hiding something?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I would imagine they were in charge, the Feds / State Police and can see how ill equipped the Sheriff is at handling the press and answering questions, they usually do that to the local yokels.

outside9

Master
    Watching the interview right now, quite confusing. why are there so many "agents" behind the sheriff while answering questions? and why do they step in to complete the questioning? Are they hiding something?

I'm one of those Alabama immigrants who jumped the fence between Alabama and Florida about 18 years ago.

*Alabama Sheriff’s Departments are not like our sheriff’s departments in Florida. Unusually very small, undertrained and do a lot of courtroom and paper serving stuff. Some are doing more law enforcement work now but they are still way behind our local sheriff’s offices.

*The sheriff in the small department probably had very little if any decision making in this, but he wanted his few minutes of fame.

*All about the media and everyone getting their agency’s recognition.

Next time you drive through a smaller county in Alabama look around and try to find a sheriff's car or a sheriff's car pulling someone over, just does not happen much.

Who cares, that boy is safe and with his family.

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    2 guys I know who work for the FBI were there, they said it was ridicously unorganized. Both of them were in the team that stormed the bunker.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    How bout this one..... I am related to the suspect by marriage yes "Jimmy Lee Dykes"... Get this! Jimmie dykes was born in dykes town a small community west of Jay near the river. Last week the immediate family called Trahan fuenral home to have the body shipped to Pensacola.... Here's the good part... The family of Jimmie lee Dykes from Jay have insisted that he be buried at Barrankas National Cemetary with military honors. Both my mother, and father went to school with this idiot. The family has made contact with the congressman and he will most likely be buried at barrancus. They have a valid argument the law states that in order to meet the qualifications for burial in a national plot you just not be convicted of a felony. The kicker is Jimmie lee Dykes was a Vietnam veteran and even though beyond a shadow of a doubt he committed murder, kidnapping, false imprisionment, Etc he was never convicted of any crime. I don't know the man never seen him in my life and personally hate his guts for what he did to the little boy, and the bus driver.. However I also believe the foundation of the law gets undermined way to much this day and age so I say bury him in Barrankas with military honors... I don't like it but it is the law.....

Telum Pisces

Master
    How bout this one..... I am related to the suspect by marriage yes "Jimmy Lee Dykes"... Get this! Jimmie dykes was born in dykes town a small community west of Jay near the river. Last week the immediate family called Trahan fuenral home to have the body shipped to Pensacola.... Here's the good part... The family of Jimmie lee Dykes from Jay have insisted that he be buried at Barrankas National Cemetary with military honors. Both my mother, and father went to school with this idiot. The family has made contact with the congressman and he will most likely be buried at barrancus. They have a valid argument the law states that in order to meet the qualifications for burial in a national plot you just not be convicted of a felony. The kicker is Jimmie lee Dykes was a Vietnam veteran and even though beyond a shadow of a doubt he committed murder, kidnapping, false imprisionment, Etc he was never convicted of any crime. I don't know the man never seen him in my life and personally hate his guts for what he did to the little boy, and the bus driver.. However I also believe the foundation of the law gets undermined way to much this day and age so I say bury him in Barrankas with military honors... I don't like it but it is the law.....

I can honestly say that this is one military funeral that should be protested.:yell:

Viking1204

Master

That's why even if someone dies committing a murder/felony there should be a way to convict them of the crime. Just doesn't seem right that the military would allow something like this to happen, Vietnam veteran or not.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    I can honestly say that this is one military funeral that should be protested.:yell:

I'm sure it will be protested. I also agree with amending the law for this type instance. If you die in the commision of a felony you should not be able to have the privilege of burial in a military fashion, not should you have the right to be buried in a national Cemetary. But I do not agree with amending a law while such instance is in motion. I say bury the turd in the Cemetary, then amend the law... The problem with America is that they keep changing the law set forth by our forefathers which is the backbone, and structure of America...

wildrider666

Master
    I do not support what he did or is alleged top do. I also do not know at what point in his life he went to the dark side. I see no problem with honoring the part of his life that earned that plot of soil. No one but the victims families will even remember him a year from now, and nobody else that really matters gives a shi* then either.

Telum Pisces

Master
    I do not support what he did or is alleged top do. I also do not know at what point in his life he went to the dark side. I see no problem with honoring the part of his life that earned that plot of soil. No one but the victims families will even remember him a year from now, and nobody else that really matters gives a shi* then either.

My grandfather is burried there. And I would be one upset individual if this crazed idiot is eventually burried there. People loose their right to those benifits all the time by being dishonably discharched etc... He gave up those rights to be burried there when he broke the law.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    My grandfather is burried there. And I would be one upset individual if this crazed idiot is eventually burried there. People loose their right to those benifits all the time by being dishonably discharched etc... He gave up those rights to be burried there when he broke the law.

I agree to some extent... Everyone on this forum has broken the law once in their life. Some everyday, does that mean that they would loose their rights also? You are overstepping the whole concept of this nations foundation. Innocent until proven guilty, he was never proven guilty. We know that the asshole did what he did but he was never granted due process of law their fore the lawful thing to do is to bury him there...

Top Bottom