• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adamwwilkes79

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are any of you running one of these polymer Magpul MLOK bipods? If so, how's it holding up for you?

Attachments

• mag933-blk_magpul_bipod_m-lok_01_1.jpg
      mag933-blk_magpul_bipod_m-lok_01_1.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 17

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Are any of you running one of these polymer Magpul MLOK bipods? If so, how's it holding up for you?
    They’re good for the money. I have a Magpul on a savage 110 in a MDT chassis, and I threw an Amazon CVAlife knockoff on a PSA AR10 I built last fall.

The CVA was half the cost, but functions identically.

The Atlas on my Midwest Industries 308 is easily the best bipod I’ve ever owned, but priced accordingly at nearly 300 bucks.

I’ll probably never buy another Harris or Magpul again. The CVA off Amazon works the same, and if I’m going to spend more, I’ll probably just get the Atlas again.

To answer your question: it’s a good bipod that holds up fine (at least as well as the Harris). For the reasons listed above, I’ll probably never buy another one, just because I don’t think it’s the best value dollar for dollar. Your mileage may vary though, and if you find it’s the right “sweet spot” for you, the Magpul bipod will hold up fine and isn’t likely to fail based on my experience.

adamwwilkes79

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They’re good for the money. I have a Magpul on a savage 110 in a MDT chassis, and I threw an Amazon CVAlife knockoff on a PSA AR10 I built last fall.

The CVA was half the cost, but functions identically.

The Atlas on my Midwest Industries 308 is easily the best bipod I’ve ever owned, but priced accordingly at nearly 300 bucks.

I’ll probably never buy another Harris or Magpul again. The CVA off Amazon works the same, and if I’m going to spend more, I’ll probably just get the Atlas again.

To answer your question: it’s a good bipod that holds up fine (at least as well as the Harris). For the reasons listed above, I’ll probably never buy another one, just because I don’t think it’s the best value dollar for dollar. Your mileage may vary though, and if you find it’s the right “sweet spot” for you, the Magpul bipod will hold up fine and isn’t likely to fail based on my experience.

I did notice that CV Life offers what appears to be an identical version for a little over 1/3 of the cost of Magpul’s version.

I currently have a CV Life bipod but man, it’s heavy. It’s the older style with the metal chassis.

Thank you for your insight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jestocost

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a good bipod as long as you load it accordingly when shooting. A little wobbly when left static. Neat function in that the upper plate can be turned 180 degrees and locked to prevent pan action.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's a good bipod as long as you load it accordingly when shooting. A little wobbly when left static. Neat function in that the upper plate can be turned 180 degrees and locked to prevent pan action.

I’ll have to go back to the instructional manual I guess, was just going to post a warning of excessive/unwanted pan. Mine flops all over the place, even when folded. Might be doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom