• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SecretSquirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good afternoon guys and gals,
    I was wondering if anyone had experience with both foregrips and had some insight into which they liked better? I have the RVG (technically the MVG) and like it just fine. Id just like to hear some other opinions on the two.
    Thanks a lot,
    Squirrel

Zeus

Banned For Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have both and prefer the RVG by far myself. It seems more natural and comfortable for me.

But I have big hands and a whole lot more trigger time with weapons with a RVG

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have all four…

MVG – Magpul Vertical Grip
    RVG – Rail Mount Vertical Grip
    AFG – Angled Fore Grip
    AFG2 – Angled Fore Grip (small)

I started with the MFG and RVG and then upgraded to the AFG2, and finally the AFG, which I prefer and now put on all of my AR’s. I was leary at first, but after doing the research and trying one, I see the advantage.
    The Magpul AFG (Angled Fore-Grip) takes into account natural body mechanics and provides a comfortable and stable user interface that reduces fatigue and allows for more precise weapon control. By positioning the shooter's hand high on the centerline of the bore, unlike conventional vertical fore-grips, the AFG helps mitigate recoil and control the weapon to facilitate faster, more accurate follow-up shots.
    http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG411/117

Basically, the MVG/RVG is a weight on top of a stick, whereas the AFG becomes an integrated part of the barrel assembly. A MVG/RVG may work better on a short barreled gun used for room clearing, and the AFG may work better on a longer barreled gun used in an outdoor environment. One other advantage I have found is the AFG will not snag on things like the MVG/RVG can. At the end of the day, I think it’s just personal preference. Best way to find out is try one and see.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a MVG and a Blackhawk Stubby VFG, and I love my Foregrips. The only reason I don't have a VFG on my AR-Pistol is because I can't run an VFG.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got both and prefer the AFG since I like Magpul's method of c clamping the handguard. The AFG works best with longer rail systems. As a consequence I only use the RVG on short rails like an SBR.

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got both and prefer the AFG since I like Magpul's method of c clamping the handguard. The AFG works best with longer rail systems. As a consequence I only use the RVG on short rails like an SBR.

That is exactly what I was getting at. I was looking for something else and just came across this video which explains and demonstrates the use of the AFG. It's from the Magpul Dynamics series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=tYjitNIEmzw&feature=endscreen

Top Bottom