• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I couldn't resist ordering another MAC 1014 shotgun, this time I got the Marine finish.

Anyone thinking about them, BattleHawk Armory has them marked down, put them in your cart for the price. I got the Marine finish for $382 shipped/tax. Simply can't beat these deals right now on a range toy/HD shotgun.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I looked at them and would consider one however, I probably have 15 dif types and styles of turkish shotguns! They pretty much all work but some have lil quirks.! I’ve actually shot several straights in skeet with a 20 ga semi! It fits me real well. Gotta keep it very clean and have to keep tightening the choke and the forearm nut! Also, can tell it’s not gonna take tons of rounds but for $300, I out shot some of these guys with $15k krieghoff’s! I also have some real shotguns but no krieghoffs! I don’t pay that much for my vehicles! I also love when they send them in for servicing! Cost more than my shotguns!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I looked at them and would consider one however, I probably have 15 dif types and styles of turkish shotguns! They pretty much all work but some have lil quirks.! I’ve actually shot several straights in skeet with a 20 ga semi! It fits me real well. Gotta keep it very clean and have to keep tightening the choke and the forearm nut! Also, can tell it’s not gonna take tons of rounds but for $300, I out shot some of these guys with $15k krieghoff’s! I also have some real shotguns but no krieghoffs! I don’t pay that much for my vehicles! I also love when they send them in for servicing! Cost more than my shotguns!

Spotty reviews kept me from getting into the Turkish SG game until I saw HR Funk's review. Then I started seeing other positive reviews so I gave it a run... damn glad I did.

I've lost round count in my mine, but zero wear on the bolt and gas pistons, which was problematic with the other brands.

What ever the place that actually makes them for MAC did... it works.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I see a lot of chatter on these but haven't looked into them. Bis this basically the old g force type Turkish gun or a new offering?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Need a new gas ring for a citadel warthog if ya have any. Flat Steel split ring. Fun shotgun, when it shoots it great. No parts available. May have to make something.
    1000010022.jpg
    1000003273.jpg

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I see a lot of chatter on these but haven't looked into them. Bis this basically the old g force type Turkish gun or a new offering?

I don't know... what I do like is they are 99.9% Benelli compatible so small parts if needed shouldn't be a problem.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I remember the old g force interchanged everything but the bolt or barrel. It's been a while. Those were popular 5-6 years ago.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Snagged a gas piston with ring off ebay. Should be up and running next week! Yeah!
    Got it back running. Shoots the cheap stuff good. Considering selling it for $200, 5 chokes and ordering one of the hunting style 1014's. Do they take chokes?? 10 lbs? Is that right?
    20240302_140657.jpg

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I couldn't resist ordering another MAC 1014 shotgun, this time I got the Marine finish.

Anyone thinking about them, BattleHawk Armory has them marked down, put them in your cart for the price. I got the Marine finish for $382 shipped/tax. Simply can't beat these deals right now on a range toy/HD shotgun.

Not sure on final shipped price, but Dahlonega Armory has the marine finish for $329.35, once it’s in the cart.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ordered a few things...

I have two US made Benelli M4 hammers coming to help make the SG's 922(r) compliant.

Also ordered two Mesa Tactical Forends (also 922(r) applicable) that are M-Lok along with two railed 6-shot side saddles.

Should be a straight forward parts swap.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Need a new gas ring for a citadel warthog if ya have any. Flat Steel split ring. Fun shotgun, when it shoots it great. No parts available. May have to make something. View attachment 273490 View attachment 273491

I have a citadel Boss 25 at their service center now with less than 100 rounds through it for a stripped barrel nut post and shaking itself apart every 5 rounds. Had problems out of the box. They estimated 180 days due to no parts. Citadel and all Legacy Sports International products are on my $h!t list and seem to be the low end of the Turkish market. Surprising for supposedly being the sister company of Howa… one of the reasons I picked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a citadel Boss 25 at their service center now with less than 100 rounds through it for a stripped barrel nut post and shaking itself apart every 5 rounds. Had problems out of the box. They estimated 180 days due to no parts. Citadel and all Legacy Sports International products are on my $h!t list and seem to be the low end of the Turkish market. Surprising for supposedly being the sister company of Howa… one of the reasons I picked it.

Hate to hear that… grab a MAC before the prices go up you won’t be disappointed.

That is if you want a tactical type SG for range fun and/or HD.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hate to hear that… grab a MAC before the prices go up you won’t be disappointed.

That is if you want a tactical type SG for range fun and/or HD.

I have the Panzer version that I’m extremely happy with. Did a lot of research and picked that over the MAC even at a little higher price due to reviews I looked at. Probably can’t go wrong with either one.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Yep. It's a shame.

Top Bottom