• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’ve got a e2 stock that has had the plate cut off and wanting to see if a garand plate would fit. I’ve got all kind of buttplates but no M1. I think they are a little bigger than a m14 plate and not as much work to mount one. Anyone have a spare that they could measure ? Outside dimensions on butt are 5x 1 7/8. Appears 1.25” was cut off if oal is same as GI m14 stock . Probably need to extend stock a inch or so but haven’t found anything that will work yet. Looking at aluminum bar stock but would be hard to make look decent fitting it all by hand tools.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I’ve got a e2 stock that has had the plate cut off and wanting to see if a garand plate would fit. I’ve got all kind of buttplates but no M1. I think they are a little bigger than a m14 plate and not as much work to mount one. Anyone have a spare that they could measure ? Outside dimensions on butt are 5x 1 7/8. About 1.25” was cut off if oal is same as GI m14 stock . Probably need to extend stock a inch or so but haven’t found anything that will work yet. Looking at aluminum bar stock but would be hard to make look decent fitting it all by hand tools.

View attachment 155598
    Not as hard as you might think with a mill bastard file. Aluminum is very easy to work by hand. I personally would rather use brass, tho. It's a buttplate on a service rifle. It won't look pretty for long either way, so go with the harder brass

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Give me a little time, will put together all the information. I have all the parts you are asking about. Just my 5 cents jj. If you will send a number I will text pict. to you cant get them off of my ph. to my Comp. Thought I had it worked out but it didn't work. 850-572-6611 jj Then If you want them of the form you are welcome to post them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom