• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eagletact

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just received my Lucid HD7 today from opticsplanet.com. I have to say I couldn't be happier. This is a solid sight, well made, simple and user friendly yet packed with just the right options for a tactical sight. Excellent range of reticle options for any situation be it close quarters, short range quick acquisition and even a little further out. Although it has no magnification power there are enough options out today for magnifiers including ones made just for the HD7 that thread directly onto the sight. Auto light sensor does a great job at indoor/outdoor and day/night transitions for auto reticle brightness.

Purchased from opticsplanet for 178.00 with free shipping using a coupon code. For the price I really think I received more than my moneys worth. I would definitely suggest this optic for anyone who is on a budget or who just does not want to spend too much money.

lucidhd7.jpg

Attachments

• lucidhd7.jpg
      lucidhd7.jpg
      60.5 KB · Views: 165

eagletact

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    nope, just me being a smart ass... was wondering when someone was going to catch that. The pic has been on FB for three days and not one person has noticed.

robert49r

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got it done back in Indiana before I moved down here. I've heard there is a place in Pensacola area that also does it but I am not sure where.

eagletact

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks, I knew there were a few options for cerakote in the region. Was just hoping you had it done locally.... was going to go back to the same shop. The top of the receiver rubbed on my plastic case on the way home... actually rubbed the cerakote off. I was counting on it being more durable than that, going to go get it touched back up. Suck a nice looking 870, I was a bit heartbroken but will get it fixed. Took her to the range the other day... sweet shooter with a hell of a tight pattern at 75. "virgin" choke. lol

robert49r

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea I would expected it to be more durable than that as well. Sorry to hear that. I'm sure they can touch it up and hopefully it won't cost too much. I didn't get to do much bird hunting with it so it was lightly used.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    As a long term Lucid HD7 user, let me give you this hint:

When not going to use it for awhile, TAKE OUT THE BATTERY so if it does leak, no damage will be done. I normally use my two with the 2x multiplier.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Thanks, Daezee. Well noted. Great sights for the price aren't they?

Sure are. Bought my 1st one, liked it so much I bought another. The 2nd one failed, and I sent it back. The Lucid company owner called me and said he found a bad power connection...did I want another one brand new or did I want one he had done some recoil tests on? I said send the one he had subjected to a couple of hundred 300 Win Mag recoil cycles on. I left a battery in it for about a year without using it, and found it corroded. Managed to scrape the corrosion out, and it works, thus my remove the battery warning.

Top Bottom