Patriot Mobile

Losing my hunting lease of 26 years and fighting to save the value of my home and property (Solar Farm)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Make a list of options.
    Include EVERYTHING.
    True contemplative thought about consequences, and Rank order them.
    Draw a line beyond which you aren’t willing to go.

Sure, you could channel your inner guerrilla and ghillie-suit up, but then you’d be a fugitive and not able to enjoy a nice hike or hunt in peace with your family ever again.

Sucks, man.

Many people on this planet continue to waste oxygen simply as a result of the self-restraint of those around them.

Good luck.

joebuck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am sure sorry to hear this. I own some land in N Covington County so this hits close to home for me.

Is the land they are targeting Rayonier land, Dixon land or another land owner? I am thinking that those two own quite a bit down that way.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You would think they could find some land that was already cleared...

And how long before the "solar farm" becomes nothing more than a toxic white elephant?
    The farm next to the farm I hunt in SW GA was leased and converted to a solar power generator. The folks that live there hate it. The property owner lives in FL, only sees it when he visits the area.

But, it did push deer onto our property.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Make a list of options.
    Include EVERYTHING.
    True contemplative thought about consequences, and Rank order them.
    Draw a line beyond which you aren’t willing to go.

Sure, you could channel your inner guerrilla and ghillie-suit up, but then you’d be a fugitive and not able to enjoy a nice hike or hunt in peace with your family ever again.

Sucks, man.

Many people on this planet continue to waste oxygen simply as a result of the self-restraint of those around them.

Good luck.

This is stupid.

It is not your land and you simply had a lease. I’m t is the owners right to do what he wants with the land.

I understand that it sucks, and I would be pissed about it as well - but interfering with the owner and their ability to maximize their use of the land is not right.

Do you think you will keep the lease if you piss them off?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is stupid.

It is not your land and you simply had a lease. I’m t is the owners right to do what he wants with the land.

I understand that it sucks, and I would be pissed about it as well - but interfering with the owner and their ability to maximize their use of the land is not right.

Do you think you will keep the lease if you piss them off?

You’ll notice I didn’t advocate for any single solution.

I agree that a land owner has rights to their land.

I also agree that adjacent land owners have the right to voice their concerns when one land owner’s actions will affect SOMEONE ELSE’s land.

This is his HOME.
    The undeveloped land is just a project/business opportunity for that owner.

He has more to lose.

Not “stupid”. Just reality of an unfortunate situation.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You’ll notice I didn’t advocate for any single solution.

I agree that a land owner has rights to their land.

I also agree that adjacent land owners have the right to voice their concerns when one land owner’s actions will affect SOMEONE ELSE’s land.

This is his HOME.
    The undeveloped land is just a project/business opportunity for that owner.

He has more to lose.

Not “stupid”. Just reality of an unfortunate situation.
    Yep... I took your comment to mean "He's screwed".

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He’s not the first person that has had to make a new plan because of conditions beyond his control. The big yankee developers forced most citrus farmers in south FL to cease farming. They pay off the elected officials and get laws passed that make it impossible to farm in a reasonable fashion. If he play’s his hand wisely he can walk away with enough cash to turn that 20 acres into 200 acres and a new home . I don’t like that these things happen, I hate for anyone to have to lose their home . But he doesn’t have a chance in hell of stopping this, however they will pay dearly to avoid any delay in their plans though , in my opinion he’d be wise to take advantage of that fact to better his position in life. That’s my none professional opinion and based on my experience, and nothing more.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too many pockets being padded fer this solar farm bullshit going in everywhere! All these tree hugger folks wanting the green deal to take over the world but don't think of the thousands of acres these companies take/purchase then destroy wildlife habitat and landscape. Its a disgusting site and too many politicians are in the back pockets of these companies so contacting them don't help. East Milton here in FL is being bombarded with the eye sores and right across the line in between Wing to Florala AL is the same....

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Too many pockets being padded fer this solar farm bullshit going in everywhere! All these tree hugger folks wanting the green deal to take over the world but don't think of the thousands of acres these companies take/purchase then destroy wildlife habitat and landscape. Its a disgusting site and too many politicians are in the back pockets of these companies so contacting them don't help. East Milton here in FL is being bombarded with the eye sores and right across the line in between Wing to Florala AL is the same....
    BINGO!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He’s not the first person that has had to make a new plan because of conditions beyond his control. The big yankee developers forced most citrus farmers in south FL to cease farming. They pay off the elected officials and get laws passed that make it impossible to farm in a reasonable fashion. If he play’s his hand wisely he can walk away with enough cash to turn that 20 acres into 200 acres and a new home . I don’t like that these things happen, I hate for anyone to have to lose their home . But he doesn’t have a chance in hell of stopping this, however they will pay dearly to avoid any delay in their plans though , in my opinion he’d be wise to take advantage of that fact to better his position in life. That’s my none professional opinion and based on my experience, and nothing more.
    Well said. Figure out how the "system" works, and use it to your own advantage.

The topic of this thread just sucks. In the end, money rules/runs this country. We're seeing that in action. Until enough decide to change that, it'll continue.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    No left leaning organization will help stop a green energy operation in fly over zones.
    The textbook "Rules for Radicals" says: "Label to disable."

You need to change your land from the label "fly over zone" to a "protected area of some sort" and raise public awareness to the level that the "protected area" label is common knowledge and the cause is seen as universally damning to the individual, company or government entity not protecting the "protected area". Like when protecting sea turtles... they don't just show adult sea turtles swimming around in the open ocean... nope, they show the itty bitty baby sea turtles with the big cute eyes fighting for their very lives on a protected shoreline, so that you feel the need to protect that shoreline and you're somehow a bad parent if you don't protect babies that are 9 times out of 10 going to die anyways.

Next, you "be the change you want to see". Thanks be to Gandhi, the ultimate radical, for that nugget of wisdom. This means that you personally need to quit calling it "fly over country' if you want it to not be "fly over country"

Screenshot_20230312-084817.png
    Screenshot_20230312-084813.png

Last edited:

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If there are endangered species, try contacting the environmentalists (Sierra Club, World Wildlife Federation, etc) - make them work for you for once....

LOL... when it comes to corporations, endangered species means nothing when it comes to development of land.

You and I, another story.

In the last twenty years I've seen it first hand right here in central FL, from turtles to wetlands... all it takes is money and dump trucks my friend.

Top Bottom