• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wife's dad recently was murdered last week in Selma and we were placed with handling all his affairs. He didnt have a will and my wife was his only child. His wife has passed away also. We are having the funeral tomorrow (Thursday) so that portion is going to be out of the way. Looking for anyone who may have previous experiance or tips on what we may be forgetting to handle or do.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh man I have no clue but so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family at a rough time like this.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Find a lawyer and start the probate process, it will clear up any debt that he may have incurred and will make the transition of whatever property he owed into the rightful hands.. Sorry for your loss..

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm terribly sorry, call the local BAR Association and see who the recommend for estate handling under foul play circumstances/no will. I'm sure they can refer you to a reputable attorney.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So sorry for your loss, an yes seeking some help with a attorney would make matters better for you an family. Sometimes after all is said an done folks come out of the woodwork with all sorts of claims etc. Need to protect yourselves, good luck an God Bless!!!! Denny

NCTransplant

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for your loss, I have hunted in that area for many years and its insane how the young residents act as opposed to the senior members of that community. If you need assistance with legal fees and whatever else, maybe look into an estate sale company that can come liquidate some of the non-sentimental items. Hope that is of some help.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Im sorry to hear about your loss. Its always a shame when a life ends needlessly, and on top of it all for less than 100 dollars. You and your wife will be in my prayers.

Scrooge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Notify all the usual agencies; SS, OPM (or proper payment authority), banks, ins companies, ect.
    As noted, DO get legal assistance asap.
    There are many things to deal with and notifications to make. Take it one step at a time and don't let things overwhelm you.
    That said, my condolences to you and your family. My prayers are for you during a really tough and stressful time.
    God bless you and comfort you!

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the tragic loss. How is your wife coping with the loss?

I was able to take a few days off of work so that helped alot. She has been upset and depressed abouf it still of course but she has been doing good considering the situation. Something rhat waant lisred in the article is that her dad had $5k saved up that he took. Also when the scum stole his wallet they used his debit card for Sea World. A purchase the day he was killed and a few days latter for tickets to San Diego totaling nearly $300. Sea World stated the tickets were already redeamed so it couldnt be refunded. Something else we had to report to the police.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the tragic loss.

Everyone needs to learn from this and set up a trust/will, etc., with legal representation to help your love ones deal with these matters, sort of like having a bug out bag when you check out unexpected, sort of like this one?

Making these preplan arrangements will carry out your final legal matters/wishes and make sure your estate items will go to who you want them to go to and not the state or federal government.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So sad there are people in this world that have no feelings for anything !!!! Hope they catch this person or persons that did this!!!! Prayer out to you an family. Denny

posthuman13

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for the tragic loss.

Everyone needs to learn from this and set up a trust/will, etc., with legal representation to help your love ones deal with these matters, sort of like having a bug out bag when you check out unexpected, sort of like this one?

Making these preplan arrangements will carry out your final legal matters/wishes and make sure your estate items will go to who you want them to go to and not the state or federal government.
    I completely agree. It has opened my eyes and I plan on getting organized for just such a reason. At least we also have life insurance just in case which was not the case in our ongoing situation. I just dont want to lay any burden on any family when my time comes.

Top Bottom