• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well after doing some research I've figured out the Southern Tactical Range is the closest to where I live so I'm going to give it a try. I searched the forum for information and came up with a lot of posts on competitions, I also went to their website but the one thing they are missing is pictures and detailed information about the ranges themselves. Other than the overhead picture on the first page there aren't any good pictures of the shooting stations and the shooting lanes. Who has been to this range and can tell me what to expect? I haven't had a need for a shooting range in the past do to hunting close by but now hunting almost 6 hours away I need to find a place I can shoot regularly.

Hand Cannon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am not a member of Southern Tactical. The range is too far away from where I live to be my go to place for recreational shooting. But I have been to the range many times to shoot RPGI and IDPA matches. My opinion of what I have seen there is that it is a nice range. Lots of berms, lots of options. I suggest you make a trip to the range and talk with them and ask for a tour.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i am not a member but have shot there 5 or 6 times. it is a range with tremendous possibillities. the size of the place and number of ranges and bays blows everyone else here out of the water. they are friendly and tend to leave me alone when i go shoot. that being said, they have a growing-pains feel to them. i think the matches and military training they do takes alot of their time right now. when they get more staff for range maintenance and some grass growing i think they will end up a wonderful range. it is definitely worth trying out. go on a slow day, during the week maybe, and spend some time talking to them. they will be happy to give you the golf cart tour.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks guys! My plan is to go up there during the week, I figure I'll flex my time and then head up there one day around lunchtime. I missed a Doe this past weekend with my 30-30 after I took a fall with the gun stepping over a creek. I want to make sure it is shooting straight after I adjusted it with the laser as well as double check my .308 and both my new .35 Remington and new 6.5 Grendel. I have an 8 day hunting trip to MS after Christmas and want to make sure I'm not going to miss again especially since that should be right in the middle of the Rut!

I did try to check the place out on Google Earth but the aerial satellite of the area is from 2013!

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have shot there about 5 times. $15 all day and you will definitely be able to get your hunting guns sighted in out to 100 yards at least as a non member. I think it’s a nice place and have never had trouble having plenty of room even on weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom