• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Where do ya shoot at bud? I need some where with a longer range to tinker with some bigger bores. You may be a little far away. But yeah I'd like to get a little shooting time in with some folks sure

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Where do ya shoot at bud? I need some where with a longer range to tinker with some bigger bores. You may be a little far away. But yeah I'd like to get a little shooting time in with some folks sure
    GOOD QUESTION , only 3 ranges in the local area with any range to them. One is a club , members are allowed one guest , but limited to 300 yds.The other ones; Baker , don't know anything about , and the other , "Element" in Holt.
    I'll check back when it's 85* NOT 95*

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    GOOD QUESTION , only 3 ranges in the local area with any range to them. One is a club , members are allowed one guest , but limited to 300 yds.The other ones; Baker , don't know anything about , and the other , "Element" in Holt.
    Yeah places around here are drying up too. If you don't know someone with some property the list gets mighty short fast. I don't mind doing a little driving but I've also never shot at a "professional" range before. Never had the need till more recently

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Interesting isn’t it? You finally meet great men who enjoy what you enjoy, but as men most of us are busy taking care of our responsibilities. When we do get the rare time it’s alone. Never shot with folks I don’t know and trust to some degree. I’d love to once we got to know one another. My personal situation right now is one which does not allow it. Heaven knows I’d give anything if it would work out, sell everything I own, even give my own life in the blink of an eye. Hope you find a buddy to shoot with.

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I use a dirt pit in east milton , I have a good gong stand set up at exactly 130 yards and I use Rachet straps hanging from pine trees to get my 210 yd shots on my steel . Other then that I log so I use my tractor to set up intrenchments for gorilla warfare

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Interesting isn’t it? You finally meet great men who enjoy what you enjoy, but as men most of us are busy taking care of our responsibilities. When we do get the rare time it’s alone. Never shot with folks I don’t know and trust to some degree. I’d love to once we got to know one another. My personal situation right now is one which does not allow it. Heaven knows I’d give anything if it would work out, sell everything I own, even give my own life in the blink of an eye. Hope you find a buddy to shoot with.
    I FIRMLY AGREE WITH THIS , I have a paranoia of turning my back on new shooting companions but how else can we find like minded 2A people that love and are fascinated in this hobby by always being concerned about a loon ? When you're ready man shoot me a msg I'm a pretty God fearing holsom family guy .

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I use a dirt pit in east milton , I have a good gong stand set up at exactly 130 yards and I use Rachet straps hanging from pine trees to get my 210 yd shots on my steel . Other then that I log so I use my tractor to set up intrenchments for gorilla warfare
    What do you shoot off of / from ? picinic table ? ect.?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the Holt one has a 3+year wait list, and the monthly cost is up there..

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have logging tracks I use , I have timber rights that gives us land permission and I use a dirt pit in town for close trips

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was born and raised here but ventured off for the military for 20 years and moved back in the summer of 2020. I tried organizing a central spot (food, beer, whiskey, etc) to meet people from the forum with similar 2A interest. I did 3 meetups and did meet a few people, and did go to the range with them. That faded quickly as people (including myself) have busy lives. Most weekends, we travel for my daughters softball except this weekend.
    This weekend I’m shouting IDPA, there aren’t many people signed up, but I’ll meet the ones that are.

My time in the military, we were always a team of 10, and of course people would transfer, but we always had 10 that we looked after one another. It is wired and different In the civilian life without being involved with my core of people. As much as I love my wife, I need me time with a core group.

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was born and raised here but ventured off for the military for 20 years and moved back in the summer of 2020. I tried organizing a central spot (food, beer, whiskey, etc) to meet people from the forum with similar 2A interest. I did 3 meetups and did meet a few people, and did go to the range with them. That faded quickly as people (including myself) have busy lives. Most weekends, we travel for my daughters softball except this weekend.
    This weekend I’m shouting IDPA, there aren’t many people signed up, but I’ll meet the ones that are.

My time in the military, we were always a team of 10, and of course people would transfer, but we always had 10 that we looked after one another. It is wired and different In the civilian life without being involved with my core of people. As much as I love my wife, I need me time with a core group.
    I firmly agree , next time you're group is headed out shoot me a msg ide like to tag along or invite you folks to my spots .

dirty25

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think the Holt one has a 3+year wait list, and the monthly cost is up there..
    last time I checked Element didn’t have a waiting list but membership is growing and they thought one day they will cap it. Element goes to 1k, they also have a nice 600yd range. Membership is $400 a year but worth it if you shoot a bunch.

dirty25

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Some trench warfare drills sound fun.

Shadowtech

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in Pensacola. I used to go to pig farm to shoot and now styx river gun range. I would like to see this sand pit in Milton you use. Not home a whole lot as I work offshore but feel free to hit me up sometime
    Be fun to shoot with new people at new places

Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Moved here a couple years ago.. Same thing 20yrs in .mil and then settled here. Would love to meet some folks that are like minded and shoot. Most of my range time lately has been teaching.

ElusiveX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pensacola Rifle and Pistol club is a nice range. Not a very long range though. They host a lot of marksmanship competitions.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Pensacola Rifle and Pistol club is a nice range. Not a very long range though. They host a lot of marksmanship competitions.
    One of their range's goes out to 220 yds, the other goes out to 300.
    the 200 yd one is combined with the 100 yd. Won't be long before all the "Bambi" killers will have the 100 yd range tied up sighting in their magnum Cal.rifles. It's fun just to sit back and watch and watch these "mighty hunters" end their day hardly able to move their shooting arm and shoulder :D

ElusiveX

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of their range's goes out to 220 yds, the other goes out to 300.
    the 200 yd one is combined with the 100 yd. Won't be long before all the "Bambi" killers will have the 100 yd range tied up sighting in their magnum Cal.rifles. It's fun just to sit back and watch and watch these "mighty hunters" end their day hardly able to move their shooting arm and shoulder :D
    There is also Escambia river gun club.

Top Bottom