• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knotnow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been looking for 10 - 20 acres of affordable rural property to have to retreat to if needs be, close enough to Pensacola to look after. No luck so far.
    A big concern is being able to put a barn on it with a tractor and a side by side and actually having them still be there when I need it.
    A thought I keep coming back to, is for a group of people to buy adjoining properties to help one another to keep an eye on things, like neighbors used to do.
    Any comments or suggestions?
    Thanks

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure what you consider affordable or how close to Pensacola you need to be but I am a Realtor and just did a quick search of properties from 10-25 acres up to $75,000 and came up with 25 available properties. PM me with more criteria and I can send you a list if interested. Bob

Knotnow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bobinbusan
    Thanks for the lead. That is a little farther than I wanted to go, but finding a piece of property about that size to split with 3 other people would be perfect. That would be enough property for 4 good sized plots of land and a private shooting range...

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is 30+ acres for sale north of Wing,Al. on Al.Hwy.137, at least part of it if not all was clear cut within in the last couple of years. I saw the sign this weekend on the way to Andalusia from Baker.

steponapoptop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Knot,
    I develop and sell large acreage as well as small rural lots in Okaloosa and Walton County. I have three contiguous 4 acre tracts north of the Crestview/Mossy head for sale at $25,000 each. I have been offering owner financing on them at $250 down and $250 per month (though I could likely do a little better on the monthly payment if we put them all on one contract). I have acreage sizes up to 3,000 acres for sale; however, many of them have some type of residential restrictions on them. While hunting wouldn't be a problem, a defacto shooting range just might. Those 4 acre parcels if sold together might work for you. Shoot me a pm and I will gladly get you whatever information you need. I will also be on the lookout for you if this doesn't suit your needs!
    Doug

Knotnow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been out of town for a couple of days. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife and I are going to begin out property search this month. Looking for 12-20 acres of rural property in Santa Rosa to build a house on and basically start a homestead. Haven't looked yet though. Thinking about the Jay area mostly. Anyone can give me some hints, I'd be grateful.

Would really like something I can shoot on.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom