Patriot Mobile

Looking for hens teeth and some 380 ammo , I guess both are hard to find.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My local manufacturer from whom I bought 9mm for 18 cents per rounds this past Friday, told my husband there will not be any 380 ammo for a long time ( I, too, just bought a 380 gun ) because it competes with 9mm in the loading press and no company is going to run 380 when they are hardly keeping up with running 9mm.

I am going to start reloading mine.
    Cheapest I saw yesterday online was 50 rds of Tula for $27.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wife has new Springfield 380 but no ammo with which to practice....help!!! anyone with some rounds I can buy..tx in advance.

do you guys plan to run ball through it for defensive loads?
    are 380 hollow points also through the roof in prices?

I would say just dry fire the bejesus out of it and learn the trigger and work on fundamentals, But idk if I’d be overly confident in a carry gun with only 93 rounds through it ever.
    god help you if you have a malfunction, especially if she’s a novice shooter and you have to decide if it’s weapon, ammo, or shooter induced.

good luck man. Still have her dry fire the shit out of the thing, maybe that’ll cut down on whatever break in it needs and she will be familiar with the piece.

Frankie251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, I really don't understand your replies ksenter. Let's put aside the standard boilerplate stuff that could be said about basic economics and the law of supply and demand. That's all been said a million times before and we've all heard it.

The OP said that he just bought a new 380 pistol for his wife and she has NO AMMO to practice with (because he just bought the gun, he can't be faulted for not stocking up on ammo like you before things got crazy....or was he supposed to stock up on 380 ammo before he even bought the gun?). So as I see it, then, he has two choices: (1) let it sit there with no ammo until prices come down (which if Biden wins could take years), which means his wife can't practice, or (2) buy ammo now. Frankie offered to sell him 100 rounds factory brass for $50 bucks, which actually isn't too far off what 380 was selling pre-panic (it regularly sold for $35+ cpr pre-COVID....even at cheap places like Wally World). And it's *definitely* a good deal if you're in the market for 380 right now (as others have noted, 380 is going for $1+ online). So I chimed in and said that I thought Frankie's offer was fair and reasonable and that the OP should jump on it. I don't see where my saying so makes me "d'dang crazy" or justifies being told "yall can all get fucked."

But whatever. Maybe you're right and the OP should let his wife's gun sit there empty on principle (and she shouldn't get any practice), just because the ammo used to be 15 cents cheaper than Frankie's offer before COVID. Yeah, that'll really stick it to the democrats.

Exactly! And the question is not what I paid for it, but what will it cost me to replace it. Try to go buy .380 at .50 a round these days. In my mind, I was giving away ammo at a loss, because I could not replace it for what I was selling it for. I was actually relieved that he ended up not wanting it. I was willing to do it in this situation to help out, but it not only wasn’t going to make me any money unless ammo prices suddenly go down which I’m pretty sure isn’t going to happen anytime soon, it was going to cost me money to replace it, or leave me without ammo.

ksenter’s attitude reminds me of the guys who would not buy .22 a few years ago when it finally started being available again after nearly completely disappearing from the market. When it started coming back, it had gone up to to around 5 cents, but because they, “used to buy .22 for 2 cents a round,“ they wouldn’t touch it. In the meantime I stocked up with thousands of rounds of .22. Oh well, to each his own.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought he was just expressing absolute disdain for the current insanity that is trying to buy 380 ammo.
    I am thinking of selling my gun instead of buying ammo.
    I thought this was his attitude.

Today my husband was searching bullets so I could reload and the cheapest was 30 cents a bullet and some boxed ammo was going for $4 a ROUND.

Frankie251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought he was just expressing absolute disdain for the current insanity that is trying to buy 380 ammo.
    I am thinking of selling my gun instead of buying ammo.
    I thought this was his attitude.

Today my husband was searching bullets so I could reload and the cheapest was 30 cents a bullet and some boxed ammo was going for $4 a ROUND.

Could be. I took it as he thought I was gouging, but as you can see, the cheapest 380 is .89 a round and that’s before shipping and taxes. I just looked up 22 out of curiosity. The only ammo that is in stock is 10 cents a round. I was called crazy a couple years ago when I was buying all I could afford at 5 cents a round.
    951B1274-7105-4EB1-A0E4-DB9360C58F75.png

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The prices mentioned for what the .380 is selling for is NUTS...!!! Back in June/July this year, on Hurlburt Field and Eglin, Magtech brand .380 fmj was selling for around $15 per box of 50, I bought 2 boxes for my Dad who lives in Chicago...(yes I know it’s crazy there).

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could be. I took it as he thought I was gouging, but as you can see, the cheapest 380 is .89 a round and that’s before shipping and taxes. I just looked up 22 out of curiosity. The only ammo that is in stock is 10 cents a round. I was called crazy a couple years ago when I was buying all I could afford at 5 cents a round. View attachment 93830
    I am not defending him and I can't speak for him but honestly I thought the guy just blew a gasket because, well it's a baby 380.

I did not think you were gauging at all. I thought you were quite generous and if I lived locally I would buy it from you. My husband said the same; if he were you he would not sell but your offering was fair and quite generous because you could not replace at the same price.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Frankie, why in the hell do you feel that you have to go on and on explaining yourself ???
    It was a good offer,kind gesture on your part,anybody that knows anything at all about the prices and availability of ammo should know all this, . . . . soooooooooooo ???? ---- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Kenny wasn't blasting for you gouging, just commenting on the current situation. It's pretty wild how it's getting but haven't seen budget ar15 going for 1200 so it may get worse. Nov 3 could be detrimental.

Last edited:

Frankie251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Frankie, why in the hell do you feel that you have to go on and on explaining yourself ???
    It was a good offer,kind gesture on your part,anybody that knows anything at all about the prices and availability of ammo should know all this, . . . . soooooooooooo ???? ---- SAWMAN

Not “going on and on.” This is a discussion forum. I’m discussing. Several posts have been directed to me. I have responded to them. Isn’t that the point of a forum?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,please don't get me wrong. I don't care how "on and on" you go.
    I just figure that you are apologizing for something that you (at least IMO) do not need to.
    Discuss all you want - - - > --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

S12pilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great I’m off work at 1400 today, I’m at West Florida Hospital , any chance u can swing by today? If not any time it’s good for you. 928 580 1616
    Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom