Target Sports

Looking for hens teeth and some 380 ammo , I guess both are hard to find.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S12pilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wife has new Springfield 380 but no ammo with which to practice....help!!! anyone with some rounds I can buy..tx in advance.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in Birmingham right now. I don't have a 380. But they have some. I'm in Baker. Get with me and I will buy some

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FYI, I had a buddy text me the other day to ask if I could help him sell some bulk .380 that he bought a year or so ago but no longer needs. He’s not a member here (and has never used armslist), so he asked me for help, but I’ve been too busy at work to get more info from him and write up an ad. I only know that he has 850 factory rounds (all brass....American Eagle, I think). He didn’t specifically tell me how much he wants to get for them; he only said “somewhere between what I paid and the $1+ they’re going for online.” If you (or anyone else) is interested, just send me a PM and I’ll see what I can do.

S12pilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FYI, I had a buddy text me the other day to ask if I could help him sell some bulk .380 that he bought a year or so ago but no longer needs. He’s not a member here (and has never used armslist), so he asked me for help, but I’ve been too busy at work to get more info from him and write up an ad. I only know that he has 850 factory rounds (all brass....American Eagle, I think). He didn’t specifically tell me how much he wants to get for them; he only said “somewhere between what I paid and the $1+ they’re going for online.” If you (or anyone else) is interested, just send me a PM and I’ll see what I can do.
    Great! Thanks for getting back with me. My wife just got a new pistol, but we can’t find ammo to practice . Would like about 100 rounds , target rounds? I’m in gulf breeze.

Frankie251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I bought my LCP II, several years ago, I went looking for practice ammo and bought some bulk stuff. Even then 380 wasn’t cheap like 9, and it was hard to find, and I’ve shot up most of it, but if you want it, I’ll let go of 100 rounds for $50 bucks. I honestly don’t remember what I paid for it, but it wasn’t much less than that, and I really want to hold on to what’s left, so I won’t be selling anymore, because who knows what’s gonna happen if Biden gets elected. It’s in a baggie because that’s how it was shipped to me. It all appears to be Blazer Brass, and is ball. That is 100 rounds. You’ll have to come get it, because I had a run in with a chainsaw yesterday and am a little gimpy right now.

2645C84F-94B4-4F7E-B74B-6D61DBF607CF.jpeg
    43EC65BE-F6A8-41CC-9183-C2E048E54C3C.jpeg
    2645C84F-94B4-4F7E-B74B-6D61DBF607CF.jpeg

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In my opinion, you should go with Frankie’s offer. 100 rounds of 380 for $50 is a really good deal (esp in this climate right now), and I doubt my friend would go that low. I’d snatch it up, if I were you!

Frankie251

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In my opinion, you should go with Frankie’s offer. 100 rounds of 380 for $50 is a really good deal (esp in this climate right now), and I doubt my friend would go that low. I’d snatch it up, if I were you!

It honestly doesn’t matter to me. I have not tried to sell any ammo, and don’t plan to even though I could probably make some pretty good money doing it, but what do you do when it’s gone? I was just trying to help the guy out, but I’m fine either way.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I think I have some 380 at the house, if you dont mind it being close to friday when I get back. dm if interested.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The fiocchi I have is currently 1.10 a round

you are d'dang crazy TJ! I may never shoot again at these prices. What's the shelf life on modern ammunition these days? I reckon I will remain proficient for....say, 17 damn years at these prices without ever shooting a damn round.

You'd think the damn democrats are behind this damn pricing surge on ammo or something.........or are they......

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    you are d'dang crazy TJ! I may never shoot again at these prices. What's the shelf life on modern ammunition these days? I reckon I will remain proficient for....say, 17 damn years at these prices without ever shooting a damn round.

You'd think the damn democrats are behind this damn pricing surge on ammo or something.........or are they......
    I got mine for 8 bucks a box second hand. That's just what it's selling for from the suppliers that currently have it in stock.
    Winchester white box peaked a few weeks ago at 1.59 a round! It was down to 90 some odd cents yesterday.

tji

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wow, I really don't understand your replies ksenter. Let's put aside the standard boilerplate stuff that could be said about basic economics and the law of supply and demand. That's all been said a million times before and we've all heard it.

The OP said that he just bought a new 380 pistol for his wife and she has NO AMMO to practice with (because he just bought the gun, he can't be faulted for not stocking up on ammo like you before things got crazy....or was he supposed to stock up on 380 ammo before he even bought the gun?). So as I see it, then, he has two choices: (1) let it sit there with no ammo until prices come down (which if Biden wins could take years), which means his wife can't practice, or (2) buy ammo now. Frankie offered to sell him 100 rounds factory brass for $50 bucks, which actually isn't too far off what 380 was selling pre-panic (it regularly sold for $35+ cpr pre-COVID....even at cheap places like Wally World). And it's *definitely* a good deal if you're in the market for 380 right now (as others have noted, 380 is going for $1+ online). So I chimed in and said that I thought Frankie's offer was fair and reasonable and that the OP should jump on it. I don't see where my saying so makes me "d'dang crazy" or justifies being told "yall can all get fucked."

But whatever. Maybe you're right and the OP should let his wife's gun sit there empty on principle (and she shouldn't get any practice), just because the ammo used to be 15 cents cheaper than Frankie's offer before COVID. Yeah, that'll really stick it to the democrats.

Top Bottom