• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • traithlon

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi guys! I was looking for some help on my wifes new M&P 380 Shield EZ . I am not a complete newbie to handguns but more ground level.
    Here is where I need other opinions. On the very first outing we had an issue. After about 16 rounds something seemed "off". Upon inspection I noticed that the guide rod was sticking out about 1/8". I field stripped it and indeed the rod was unseated. Thinking just maybe the slide caused it during assembly I repeated the field strip 3 more times and the rod was still seated in place. I fired 24 rounds and all was well. Should I trust it? Has this been an issue with this model? What is your opinions?

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Of course ammo is umobtanium right now, so this advice would be assuming you are well stocked, but I also think there's a minumum round count to consider any defensive tool good to go, so here's what I would do if it were me:

Field strip, clean, lube, assemble correctly (manual, youtube, etc...) so that you know the guide rod is where it should be...then go to range and run 200 rounds (or as many as you can bear to part with). I suspect that it will be fine, but if it pops loose again, you'll know and it'll be time for warranty.

If this sounds like too much, def hit up S&W as oneshot said and let them take a peep.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I believe that is the Browning type tilt barrel. When reassembling be sure to place the guide rod in the most forward slot. It's probably curved to form fit the rod. If you placed the guild rod in the wrong slot this may have caused the issue. That model is tried and true. I think your problem was an anomaly. However, if you feel you must divest yourself of that pistol, I'll give you $100 for it.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I believe that is the Browning type tilt barrel. When reassembling be sure to place the guide rod in the most forward slot. It's probably curved to form fit the rod. If you placed the guild rod in the wrong slot this may have caused the issue. That model is tried and true. I think your problem was an anomaly. However, if you feel you must divest yourself of that pistol, I'll give you $100 for it.

$125 for it here.

Top Bottom