Looking for a new carry... whatcha think?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELite89

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve narrowed it down to:

IWI Jericho 941 9mm or Sig 229 9mm?

Purse,Car, and Holster carry.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I prefer the cz/IWI/eaa over sig’s, I’ve owned a couple 941’s and own a couple 75’s. But I carry a sig p239.
    both of mine were blued finish, which I detest for carry. They were also heavy.
    my p239(which is close in size and weight as a p229)is far easier and more comfortable to carry due to its size and weight, and the finish is almost maintenance free.

btw, the railed 941 fit in a galco non railed 226 holster as well as the 226 did, and if you’re a nerd LOK grips make Cowboy Bebop copies in g10 for the iwi and Cz. Mec gar 75 mags worked in mine, as well assarsilmaz factory mags(which I think are mec gar eaa small frame mags).

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    This is just me, I went from a shield to Pm9 to G43 to P365 to CZ PCR or depending on the day P320 X-compact with RMR and Olight mini-2. I went to more of a compact Hammer fired compact. Few reasons, DA/SA for appendix carry (legacy firearms holster) larger grip ( easier to draw with a good grip) and more rounds. My backup magazines carry a lot of ammo. 19 rounds for the CZ and 21 rounds P320. I know I know you only need 5 shots and if you need more I lost situation awareness or I need more practice. Welp, to many riots and protesting going on.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If you are carrying on body then service size is fine, but for off body like a purse it just seems the choices listed would be too large.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If not limited to your options - Glock 48 with shield mag and trificon HD sites. Small enough to easily carry but big enough to shoot well.

If limited to your options - the Sig.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    i love the Jericho but would pick the 229. way more support for it. most shops have mags and accessories for Sig, but never walked into a shop and seen anything for the 941.

ELite89

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The trigger is amazing!
    Hubby ended up getting the 229 that we were looking at but he is totally jealous of the trigger.
    This one was new. Whereas the other Jericho I looked at was refurbished. The slide and slide release is super stiff and gonna need some love. Oh well...Guess we will just have to spend a little more time down range.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The trigger is amazing!
    Hubby ended up getting the 229 that we were looking at but he is totally jealous of the trigger.
    This one was new. Whereas the other Jericho I looked at was refurbished. The slide and slide release is super stiff and gonna need some love. Oh well...Guess we will just have to spend a little more time down range.
    Excellent!
    The trigger was the reason I recommend the Jericho over the 229.
    But it looks like a marriage made in heaven what you both have! ;)

As for the slide: quite right, more practice will also get your muscles stronger. Good lubrication will help, too.

So happy for you! But you gave me problems posting that picture because now I want to go get the one I almost bought 2 weeks ago...LOL

Top Bottom