• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Berettatiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am looking for a GOOD training book that explain clearly several things specially:
    1) How to hold a pistol
    2) How to aim.
    3) How to press the trigger
    4) How to clear a room

I want something better than the "old" books.

Berettatiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No doubt that Ayoob is one of the best, but I want something that cover the things without going too much into the law. I am spending a lot of time looking for books. I want something that goes straight to the point.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am looking for a GOOD training book that explain clearly several things specially:
    1) How to hold a pistol
    2) How to aim.
    3) How to press the trigger
    4) How to clear a room

I want something better than the "old" books.
    Take a training class.

But that’s a big jump from holding a pistol to clearing a room.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve only been shooting about 10 years (started late). I have read my share of books. I would suggest two additional options. 1) take a class. I have taken a few. Learned more in a few hours than years of book reading. 2) video content from reliable source (warrior poet society and American warrior show are a couple I like)

Just my 2 cents

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perfect Practice by Saul Kirsh and Practical Shooting by Brian Enos are two books I have gotten a lot out of. They are strictly "how to shoot" books, but both authors are past national/international competitive champions. Room clearing is a whole separate topic, like Southalabama said, there's a big jump from holding a gun to clearing a room.

I will also recommend taking a class from someone and making your own "book" of notes to refer back to once a few months have passed and the memory of the class starts to fade.

Berettatiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am sorry I did not gave you the right idea.
    Let me talk first a little about my background, I am an engineer who was lucky enough to retire early. I have been shooting since I was 7 years old and through 2 revolutions doing a lot of fighting.
    I am looking for a book that teach you from the ELEMENTARY TO THE MOST ADVANCE!!!
    I am putting a lot of time trying to find it, but I am sure it exist, so I am going to keep on trying.
    THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYBODY WHO TRY TO HELP ME, I APPRECIATED!!!

skullkracker

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Room Clearing:

You could go to YouTube and watch Aaron Cohen form Cherries CQB. He has a series of videos on the topic of room clearing and limited penetration techniques.

Research Chuck Habermehl, he's retired now but has put out a couple books on room clearing (both read systems and no-read systems), mostly four-man plus tactics but IIRC there are some two-man tactics as well. I have one of his books but I think it's at another location. I've competed at least four of Chuck's WEEK LONG tactics schools back when I was in the game.

Berettatiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chef _josh:
    What I am looking for (believe me I have spent more than a week FULL TIME looking for that book) so far what I have found is that the well known names spend a lot of time telling about their friends(well known too) and their stories. I want a book that teach you a LOT of materials and I don't care who wrote the book. I want a book that goes STRAIGHT TO THE POINT!!! U-Tube is full of "experts" that people should not spend one minute listening to them.
    Well, I am going to keep on trying until I find one...in the words on Henry Ford
    "If you think you can't, you can't...if you think you can, you can.
    smile.gif
    smile.gif
    smile.gif

Berettatiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found it!!! After more than a week searching, I found the book I was looking for.

The name is: “Pistol Personal Defense” - 2nd edition by Agent Delta. Apparently, is an agent still working that does not want his name revealed.

It has from the 4 principles of safety by Jeff Cooper to Indoor Searching Techniques and much more.

I will report on it after I received it and read it, to see if it is any good, so far, the contents are fantastic. You can check it out in amazon.com

It has the Table of Contents there in read sample

Let me try to put the URL:

Top Bottom