• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi All,

I am looking to find out which of the local gun stores (from Destin to Pensacola) carry reloading supplies.

I know about Ranger, in Ft Walton. I checked with Tradewinds and they do not carry much. I have also been to Styx, but that is a long way from Navarre.

Thank you

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ubers in Pensacola usually has a pretty good selection of primers and powders...they had plenty of primers yesterday when I was in there but as to be expected at the moment they were out of some of the powders I was looking for (h335, h4895, 748). Mikes usually has primers and powder only...but they're higher than giraffe *****. 32 bucks a lb for 748 and $50 a thousand on Winchester small rifle primers. Styx is the place to go, or order from wideners.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    USA performance in p'cola a few blocks north of Mike's has powder in stock as of today. I bought 1000 small pistol primers from them a few months ago for around $34 and they ordered my .40 bullets for me at a very reasonable price. They're a speed shop but carry a small assortment of guns and ammo stuff. Nice guys and they can order anything within reason. And no, they can't get 1000 rounds of .223 next week. I asked.....twice!lol

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mike's in P'cola has powders and primers. "Reloading supplies....." if your talking the consumables and don't mind the drive I would say Bass Pro Shop in Spanish Fort. This ....for the touch,feel,and see before you buy.

Cheapest by far is on line. --- SAWMAN

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mike's in P'cola has powders and primers. "Reloading supplies....." if your talking the consumables and don't mind the drive I would say Bass Pro Shop in Spanish Fort. This ....for the touch,feel,and see before you buy.

Cheapest by far is on line. --- SAWMAN

Yep, what Bill said, cheapest is online. If you're looking for H335 the WC844 is the equivalent of that powder and less than $1C a jug from Hi Tech. The WC846 is BLC-2 equivalent and the WC820 is H-110 equivalent, good powder for M-1 Carbines and magnum pistols. This is all pull down powder meaning it was previously loaded and the ammo disassembled for components. You could surely find enough folks to go in on a case to split or eliminate the haz mat price gouge.

For the other powders unless you're using a bunch of it it's probably better to find it locally, again unless you can order a case or more.

Bullets, on the other hand are becoming quite scarce, and expensive. Good luck on finding a source for them at any reasonable cost. Look at getting into casting until the cost comes back to reality.

Rick

woody

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I stopped by Styx River this afternoon & picked up some IMR 8208 XBR for $25.99, regular price. They had a good selection of powder & bullets. I did not check on primers.

Top Bottom