• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Local Dealers ---> I am looking into buying a Kel-Tec PMR-30. First choice would be in a color "other than black". Would also need several extra mags.

Giving you guys a chance first to see if you could offer me one. Are there any out there and at what price out the door ??

Owners of this pistol,please let me know the goods or bads re. this gun. Mainly interested in reliability.

LOCAL DEALERS....Please respond by PM ONLY. Thank you for your time. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only ones I've seen were at Jay's in Crestview. They had two at $995 each. Please don't shoot the messenger.....

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, I had one of those. Never had a malfunction,some of your old ammo went through it. A great spray and pray. Locked it in a vise and 1" @50 was doable. It also shot the tula steel reliably. It was severely abused when I got it,had never been torn down for cleaning. After about 3 hours of cleaning it was GTG. It would be a great bugout bag accessory,or back up on a hog hunt if you was to use a muzzle loader or any single shot. And it is just plain fun to play with.

BTW after deep cleaning I put 2k+ rounds with out failure.

Damn me for not reading and understanding. This post is for the PLR 16 Not the PMR 30 Sorry Sawman.

Last edited:

Bruiser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, thats price gouging either way you slice it though. Just sucks what all this has come to in today's time. Anyways, good luck with your search SAWMAN, hope you find your gun a "good" price, not double the price that its worth.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks to all of you for the input. Bottom line......I will not be paying $800 or $900 for the weapon. I can wait until they come down and if they don't........well..........? --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe Little Jack's will set you up as a Pro-Staffer and give you one with all the ammo you want, need to check with him?:painkiller::lalala::horn::horn:

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have been upmarked for a while now cheapest I've ever seen one was $525 at the Pensacola gun show over a year ago.

DrifterFisher

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please support RFC by supporting our sponsors!
    View First Unread View First Unread
    #1 Report Post
    Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM
    Close Enough
    US Navy Veteran

May 2013
    West Michigan
    TPC Rating:
    0% (0)
    Kel-Tec PMR30
    Just curious to know if any 22 mag. fans out there own a Kel-Tec PMR30. If so, what is your personal opinion and how long did you have to wait to get your hands on one. Seems like this little gem is very limited on availability.
    Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
    #2 Report Post
    Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM

4ster

Dec 2012
    TPC Rating:
    0% (0)
    I want one, have not seen one in a gun shop. It probably would not last very long there, which is why I have never seen one in person.

I think Kel-Tec is a hoax web site. They showcase a lot of guns that I would buy if they were actually made but in reality they are just pictures of plastic models to make us think the there is a company making these things.
    #3 Report Post
    Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

rgkitchen
    NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    TPC Rating:
    0% (0)
    There have been more than 42,000 of them produced, but Kel-Tec has no control over how the distributors get them to the consumer.

I got mine in November of 2010, one of the very early models. It has been upgraded and rebuilt by Kel-Tec a few times, and now it is very reliable and accurate (just like any new model you may purchase, if you can find one at a reasonable price). I shoot almost 100% Hornady Critical defense 45gr., but I have shot just about any American made .22 Mag ammunition through it in the past.

I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one, but then I already have mine, although I would add an OD Green version, if I could find one at a reasonable price. If you are coming from a .22LR pistol, then a PMR-30 is literally a BLAST. It has the bark of a .45, and the bite of a .32, with almost no recoil. Whenever I shoot it at the range, the other shooters around me wonder when I will ever run out of bullets. Anyone who I have let fire it, love it, and I have been one of Kel-Tec's best salesmen (if they can find one to buy).

Serious Glock and 1911 snobs will turn their nose up at it because it is a rimfire, but if you are looking for a BIG bang for your buck (at normal prices), this is it!

#4 Report Post
    Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
    MICROGUNNER

Team RFC
    NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Aug 2005
    Tampa, Florida
    TPC Rating:
    100% (1)
    Team RFC Since:

Jul 2006
    Team RFC To:

Mar 2014
    I wanted one until my buddy got one. I'm glad he got one first because it saved me a lot of cash. I no longer want one unless they're selling for $100.
    Nothing but problems and cheap appearence.
    #5 Report Post
    Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

supersharp

Apr 2013
    bleeding liberal CT.
    TPC Rating:
    0% (0)
    I have a pmr-30 and love to shoot it very accurate great consistant trigger pull however i could not count on this gun to save my life just to many ftf.nomatter which ammo i use I will probably send it back to kel-tec to make it more reliable as i have with other kel-tec guns (their customer service is great) i just hate to let it go.
    #6 Report Post
    Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

rgkitchen
    NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

May 2009
    Pennsylvania
    TPC Rating:
    0% (0)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
    I have a pmr-30 and love to shoot it very accurate great consistant trigger pull however i could not count on this gun to save my life just to many ftf.nomatter which ammo i use I will probably send it back to kel-tec to make it more reliable as i have with other kel-tec guns (their customer service is great) i just hate to let it go.
    Bite the bullet and call Kel-Tec for a warranty repair, you will not be disappointed. After three trips to Florida, my PMR-30 is 99.9% reliable with the heavy ammo I like to shoot (Hornady Critical Defense and Federal Game-Shok 50gr.). I have successfully competed in local PPC matches with it.

A lot of the reliability issues can be cured by following the recommended magazine loading procedure . . . .

My consistent good performance may also be due to the fact that I only load my magazines with 25 rounds (one box is evenly split between two magazines), and I run it with a good coating of lubrication (Gun Butter) on all sliding surfaces.

If it can do this, then everyone should have the same reliability results that I have . . . .

#7 Report Post
    Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM

seven twenty
    US Coast Guard Veteran Fire Fighter Emergency Medical Technician

Jul 2009
    TPC Rating:
    0% (0)
    I love mine, would buy another if I could find 1 for less than $400. I've had zero problems and have shot any ammo available through it. Everybody that has shot it has wanted 1.
    #8 Report Post
    Unread Today, 12:35 AM

redworm

Dec 2012
    TPC Rating:
    0% (0)
    After viewing all 3 video's its hard not to want one. Good lookin handgun an I love a 22 mag........Redworm........

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I certainly agree with the price points in the above. To me.....$400 would be a good price for this gun. Also wondering what the cost of extra mags would be,and of course,availability.

The PMR is kinda like the KSG. Wondering what the marketing philosophy of Kel-Tec is with these two guns. Same with the 308 bullpup that they have come out with.

Another thing that I wonder about(having been a dealer some years ago),what is Kel-Tec charging the wholesalers for these guns.....AND......what are the wholesalers charging the retailers ???????? I would certainly think that the end user should...in the very least...get a reach around for their money. DAMN !! --- SAWMAN

GregG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Sawman Ubers lock and gun on Fairfield drive in Pensacola gets a PMR about every 2 to 3 months, there price point is in the 400-450 range. I have personally held 3 of them on different occasions at the store. If you don't mind waiting a couple of months I would go talk to Naomi.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The PMR is kinda like the KSG. Wondering what the marketing philosophy of Kel-Tec is with these two guns. Same with the 308 bullpup that they have come out with.

Seems they spend a fortune in R&D to come out with these really cool guns, then only release a handful just to see the crazy prices they'll fetch. I'd love a KSG, but I'm not spending $1000-1500 for one. That RFB .308 looks like it would be fun to shoot as well. But not for $1500-2000.

I don't really see how this marketing strategy pays off for them in the long run.

Top Bottom