• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NCTransplant

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am searching and researching lights for the front of my AR. Not really in need of a massive spotlight, just something for seeing in the dark. Let me know what yall are using.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm using a streamlight TLR1 with the remote switch. Love it.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mag lite, duct tape and a cardboard spacer.

Honestly the only ones I've used were sure fire, and had nearly every major component fail over a 6 month period.
    Some guys were issued pelicans but there wasn't a mount that would work for them(not available). Couldn't tell you the model sure fire we used but it was medium sized and had a black aluminum body.

I wasn't impressed with sure fire at all. Nor my blackhawk 3 point sling, nor my Oakley sunglasses. I guess I'm that one guy......

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    X300. Only $200 on Amazon. Buy once, keep it forever and run it on any railed rifle or pistol. On a carbine, if you can, run it at the 12 o'clock position so it doesn't shadow as much. Jmo.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah the Chinese knockoffs are made in the same factories as all these expensive lights come from, buy a $10 cree and be done with it, but 2, 1 as a back up...lol

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yeah the Chinese knockoffs are made in the same factories as all these expensive lights come from, buy a $10 cree and be done with it, but 2, 1 as a back up...lol
    Nope. Don't want to be looking for a back up when your ncstar goes to poo. Surefire X300 is designed AND made in the USA. Just sayin'

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Hmmm... Don't know about that one. Components, maybe, track history, reputation, QC, final assembly, warranty, and most importantly, customer service are where your well spent dollars go should you choose to spend your dollars well.

Frank, let's go argue in the 9mm single stack Glock thread. That one will be more fun.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Streamlight TLR, Surefire X series, Inforce WML. All are good. All comes down to budget and personal preference. My boomstick has a Surefire X300 at 12 o' clock of the rail. Prefer the quick detach of the X300 so I can swap it on my pistol if needed

6ad36969-f35b-4475-a3df-cd6bd94cfd01_zps2a7jzkww.jpg

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah because with all those Chinese parts you overpay for a name...lol ok i CARRY A p3at NOW AS A BACKUP OR POCKET Carry, I would like to carry a lighter smaller 9mm than my 26 which is my primary, I will certainly look at the 43 when it comes out in the Spring.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a TLR-1 HL mounted on mine. It is 630 lumens but it isn't focused in a beam like other lights are. It is more like a flood light. It doesn't blind the person behind the rifle but damn sure blinds whoever is in front of it. I got mine for right around $160 or $170 it came with the pressure pad to put on the vertical grip or hand guard. Mine is attached to my hand guard right above my vertical grip.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/65...re-switch-aluminum-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That's a sweet V11 Chris, I almost bought a gray one, but chose to send more money to Berryville instead.

Last edited:

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look into the Inforce weaponlight. I have one that came on my BCM Jack Carbine and I like it. Very easy to mount and use.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Inforce-WML-HSP-Black-p/inf-wml-bwmh.htm

Got the Inforce on my BCM as well and think it's great. I went with the momentary only option for simplicity sake. Everything seems to have a million different modes these days but I hate having to toggle through all that crap. Just apply pressure for light and release for darkness. Light exactly when you want it for exactly how long you want it. The ergonomics work great with an AFG for me as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Inforce or Surfire, the TLR switches are crap and the Chinese made stuff is just airsoft junk. When I was teaching for an international company the lights I saw go down the most were the Chinese crap followed by a not too distant Streamlight TLR particularly the TLR-2. The TLR-1 did significantly better, but the switch doesn't have a momentary push forward activation feature like the X300/200 series.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Any chance of anybody having made in the USA lights?

X300. Last weapon light you'll ever need. Designed and made in the USA. Proper warranty and customer service. Only a few pesos more than the others. There really is no alternative IMO.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any chance of anybody having made in the USA lights?

Surefire, Streamlight TLR and Inforce lights are all "Made in the USA" from both domestic and foreign parts. Other good options are the Surefire G2Led series of handheld lights mounted in a 1" ring mount. Those are what I run on my AKs and much like the AK they are bullet proof. I prefer the SF X300/200 or Inforce WML on my ARs with a slight edge going to the X300 because it's a cleaner mount at the 12 o'clock position where I prefer it.

Top Bottom