• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Wife has a fancy set from Sam's Club several years ago they are nice but my favorite knife by far is an 8" Old Hickory carbon steel "a real old one" that I pick up from a garage sale for 50 cents and restored it to its former glory.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We bought a big set of Cutco knives and have been happy with them....if they ever get dull you can send them back. We bought the scissors too cause when you can watch someone cut a penny into a shred, that's a heck-uv-a pair of scissors!!!

I do have 1 Wustof knife that I use fer cleaning deer and fish...It's shaped like a small filet knife but heavy! No telling how many critters I have cleaned w/that joker over the years. About every 2-3 deer I sharpen it quick and easy!!!

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm using an old set of kitchen aid I bought 10 plus yeast ago none have broken the cutting knives sharpen good with there sharpning steel
    I like them there around 40 to 50 bucks I think at wm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dan, I guess I used the wrong word. It maybe should have been haden't. Everybody knows my English ain't so good.LOL

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    friend of mine sells Cutco if anyone would like a visit. He's a good Christian man and is attending PCC. Worked with my wife at Mens Wearhouse for a few years. We let him "practice" on us to sharpen his demonstration and he sold us, except we couldnt afford it at the time. We will be buying Cutco soon though. Beautiful knives they have.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Thirty five plus years ago Gerber made the Balance Plus series of kitchen knives. Consumer Reports did a test of kitchen knives and the Gerber Balance Plus knives were rated number one in that test. They were not sold as a set, you had to buy them individually. After thirty five plus years I'm still using them and am still happy with them. This was when Gerber was privately owned by Pete Gerber and they made all of their knives in the U.S.A. Nowadays, Gerber is mostly crap. Too bad, cause in the old days they made good knives.

Top Bottom