• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So I have been toying with the idea of buying one for years and never have. I think my biggest requirement is ease of cocking and de-cocking. After several arm surgeries that is paramount. That being said I see some with a crank that look easy to cock it, but there is no notch system when de-cocking, in other words if your hand slips while trying to de-cock it you could damage the bow or break your hand as it spins freely. I am not wanting bottom entry level price, but also not top of the line price either. Shots will be on local white tail within 60 yards or less. Thoughts ?

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Too many options, tec has developed so much since I bought my last one. I've always kept an eye on them. I started out with a budget Horton Yukon that killed lots of deer.
    I currently have the Horton that put them out of business, the Fury with it's fragile cams. It is reverse draw, something you'd probably want to avoid. I've been lucky not to bend a cam, I shoot very heavy FOC bolts to slow it down, it absolutely groups at 60 yds along with driving the bolts through the target, I have to have a backstop. I've debated buying this package deal, should mine self destruct; https://www.eurooptic.com/Centerpoi...neItemId=7706da69-f87c-4cdb-bc05-ead43412c911
    I'm pretty sure Centerpoint sells a cocking crank for it, but that is a hella deal!

Attachments

• above.PNG
      above.PNG
      965.4 KB · Views: 10

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    So I have been toying with the idea of buying one for years and never have. I think my biggest requirement is ease of cocking and de-cocking. After several arm surgeries that is paramount. That being said I see some with a crank that look easy to cock it, but there is no notch system when de-cocking, in other words if your hand slips while trying to de-cock it you could damage the bow or break your hand as it spins freely. I am not wanting bottom entry level price, but also not top of the line price either. Shots will be on local white tail within 60 yards or less. Thoughts ?
    I have always used a de-cocking bolt made specifically to shoot into the ground, it has a blunt rubber end.

seminole1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   1
    I really like Excalibur xbows. No cams or cables to deal with, easy to change or adjust strings without a press, plenty fast and extremely accurate. They're available with the mechanical cocker also.

Jeff C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Raven. The cocking and decocking system are fantastic, very safe which was a major reason I got the bow. I have taken deer with it in FL and IL. It is super fast and easy to use....

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have a Raven. The cocking and decocking system are fantastic, very safe which was a major reason I got the bow. I have taken deer with it in FL and IL. It is super fast and easy to use....
    I understood the Raven if you let go of the handle when decocking it can spring forward very fast damaging the bow and breaking a hand ?????

Jeff C

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a button that if depressed could cause that to happen. If the button is released, that would not happen.

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I would second ravin for ease of use, accuracy and overall quality. I have a ravin and excalibur, excalibur are good but they are a good amount louder and I'm on my second set of limbs on the crossbow. But they are very good about there warranty. Excalibur crossbows are also very easy to use and very accurate. Either would be a good choice but if you research you will see issues with excalibur limbs.

Top Bottom