• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why FHP? Nothing against them, I know some good guy locally who help us a lot...but...most of them will probably tell you they'd rather go local. Unless you just can't get hired locally, then it's a good place to start until you can get hired..

I'm a deputy here in the Greater Gulf Coast, also worked previously as a Officer for a local municipality...

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hope you like to travel...when I retired from the Marines I talked to a FHP recruiter and seems to me I was led to believe that 'T & A' (travel and adventure) are standard...since I speak spanish; Miami was calling me and I wasn't too keen on moving down there muy pronto...but maybe times have changed as this was 8-9 yrs ago...GLW/your choice and opportunities...

Flguy32514

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope you like to travel...when I retired from the Marines I talked to a FHP recruiter and seems to me I was led to believe that 'T & A' (travel and adventure) are standard...since I speak spanish; Miami was calling me and I wasn't too keen on moving down there muy pronto...but maybe times have changed as this was 8-9 yrs ago...GLW/your choice and opportunities...

I think they've gotten more hard up in recent years I know a guy who lives in Pensacola, went to the FHP Academy and came back here to do his FTO and now patrols here

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FHP use to be ---after academy you get sent to south Florida, but I got a buddy who swapped from local to FHP and is about to come out of the academy and will be working back here in Okaloosa area....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would think the FHP would be much better duty than with a local yocal crooked sheriff or chief of police playing politics with every days decisions.

gtmcgeejr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    FHP has gotten a lot better about where they send you to. Most recruits that are crossover from another agency and already LEO certified get there pick of location. If you are a new full time recruit get ready cause you'll go where they want you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would think the FHP would be much better duty than with a local yocal crooked sheriff or chief of police playing politics with every days decisions.

Hmm, you think the higher up they go, the better it gets? Uhhh, nope. In that case, the Feds should be Golden.,,,lol

Top Bottom