• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had my Brother Laser Printer (HL-2270DW) for many years and haven't had many if any issues with it. A recent problem has come up. When I print a page out the text prints out dark and correct, but there is a light ghosting of typing on the blank portions of the page.

It seems like the previous printed page is showing up as a water mark on the next page. I've gone through the drum cleaning procedures with no luck. At a loss as to what to look at next. This issues wasn't a gradual thing, it was working fine one day, then the next day it started this. Since I wasn't doing much printing I didn't think anything of it. But I have to update my gun records, and this "Water marking" effect is annoying......

So any tech heads on here have any ideals or suggestions as to what the issue might be?

Been a bad day for printers around here it seems, as my Brother Ink Jet Printer (MFC J415W) has a clogged print head for the Magenta color.......When it rains it pours!

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've got exactly the same printer - you may need to clean your corona wire (I shit you not, that is what it is called). If that doesn't work, you can go through troubleshooting and cleaning procedures from the manual on applicable pages 83-94. I am attaching a copy of the manual for you.

Hope it works!

Attachments

• cv_hl2240d_usaeng_usr_c.pdf
      8.4 MB · Views: 116

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got exactly the same printer - you may need to clean your corona wire (I shit you not, that is what it is called). If that doesn't work, you can go through troubleshooting and cleaning procedures from the manual on applicable pages 83-94. I am attaching a copy of the manual for you.

Hope it works!

Checked and cleaned the Corona Wire, still doing it. Did the automated cleaning function for the drum, problem still persists. So I'm thinking that the drum unit is bad, and that's why I get a ghosting when printing. Whatever page I print comes out dark and the text is crisp, but there is a ghosting/watermark in the background from the previous page. It's as if the image/ink from the previous page is still on the drum and transfers to the next page lightly.

So I'll order a new drum, and hopefully that fixes it. If not, I'll get with you and see if you want the extra toner cartridges I have (I think I've got 3 new ones still), and the printer for spare parts.

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Checked and cleaned the Corona Wire, still doing it. Did the automated cleaning function for the drum, problem still persists. So I'm thinking that the drum unit is bad, and that's why I get a ghosting when printing. Whatever page I print comes out dark and the text is crisp, but there is a ghosting/watermark in the background from the previous page. It's as if the image/ink from the previous page is still on the drum and transfers to the next page lightly.

So I'll order a new drum, and hopefully that fixes it. If not, I'll get with you and see if you want the extra toner cartridges I have (I think I've got 3 new ones still), and the printer for spare parts.
    Sounds good, hope you can get it fixed!

Top Bottom