• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoda

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's the largest diameter PVC pipe made? Just thinking in case "someone" has to bury their AR's someday. I of course sold all mine when Bidumb got elected fearing what may come, but a friend was asking me this.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    24 inch is the largest I’ve ever worked with. I don’t think they make any bigger than that but they might

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    A sealed PVC pipe will float right out of the ground if theres a good rain and it saturates the filled-in hole. I was on a pipe job in Jay a while back where this happened. We buried like a hundred yards of pipe like four or five feet deep. Came back the next day and it was all laying on top of the ground

Last edited:

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Here is a thought, measure the rifle's O.D. w/o the scope, and the AR's w/o scopes and grips
    Maybe the term O D is incorrect , take two pieces of anything with straight edges and put your rifle between them, usually the end of the stock will require the largest size container, although the larger size should have room for your scopes, and maybe several loaded mags / or ammo .
    but I'm with B 52, make it the first shots of the 2nd civil war. This time it won't be North vs South, but Red vs Blue.
    If you have an Amazon Kindle account spend $6.00 and read "Chrisis" by Kurt Schlichter

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A sealed PVC pipe will float right out of the ground if theres a good rain and it saturates the filled-in hole. I was on a pipe job in Jay a while back where this happened. We buried like a hundred yards of pipe like four or five feet deep. Came back the next day and it was all laying on top of the ground
    with what i put in it, it won't be floating back up....

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You might consider working with fiber glass mesh and epoxies. Opt for guns made out of stainless steel for the barrels, aluminum and plastics for the reminder and still protect it.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dont forget about the big 4 foot tall plastic pickle barrels. Added bonus: they have screw-on lids big enough to dive waist deep in, and last I checked at the feed+seed store, were only like $50. There were a bunch of blue plastic barrels for sale on craigslist, too. I looked into all this a while back when I was thinking up how to build a raft, then lost interest. Look up the super cheap plastic PVC pipe kayak how-to videos, also. Very cool.

Yoda

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dont forget about the big 4 foot tall plastic pickle barrels. Added bonus: they have screw-on lids big enough to dive waist deep in, and last I checked at the feed+seed store, were only like $50. There were a bunch of blue plastic barrels for sale on craigslist, too. I looked into all this a while back when I was thinking up how to build a raft, then lost interest. Look up the super cheap plastic PVC pipe kayak how-to videos, also. Very cool.

Yes! Great idea, thanks. Lowes and H Depot both have them.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom