• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have been looking at a CZ P07. While handling one, the fact that the slide rides inside the frame became pretty noticeable. Anyone ever have an issue with that. The amount of slide height to grab is probably half that of a Glock and it is tapered in which makes gripping even more difficult.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I had one and really liked it. I did always notice the lack of area to grip but it really didnt bother me too much. I think I use to grip the forward muzzle area of the slide and it was easier. It was a super pistol and very easy to shoot, but a friend talked me out of it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shorter vertical slide sides are noticable but that's a small familiarization/training issue. We adapt to smaller hight slides on smaller carry guns and BUGS. We also learn to avoid slide locks and safety protrusions.
    If it becomes your daily carry, soon; you won't notice it and that same "modified slide grip" will work for your other pistols too. Short learning curve, no big deal IMHO.

IDK if they make a slide racker genie for the CZ. Lol

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    FA0A8996-54F4-44E9-BAEB-B11DA6C8B5AA.jpeg

E4659E12-FFCC-417E-90EC-AF2B691F3282.jpeg

Been my daily carry for two years now. I couldn’t be happier with it. Small learning curve at the beginning but after a few range sessions it wasn’t an issue at all. only thing wasn’t big on was the rear sight has a smooth front edge, harder to rack off a belt or shoe for one hand manipulations. But have found the the slide serrations work fine with a little practice. Replacing the sights are super easy if you wanna go that route. Tigger has smoothed out over time with plenty of dry fire. I know people that have went with the CGW trigger job and while it’s nice I didn’t find it necessary. If your in the fence about on, I wouldn’t be worried about. Go ahead and pick one up. You love it and if you don’t, post it up it won’t last long on the for sale ads. I could always use another:cool:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've owned a P07 and currently a SP01, enjoy them both and the lack of slide height, for me, has more benefits than negatives. There's less "percieved" muzzle rise and felt recoil with the slide riding lower in the frame. I say percieved because proper grip and handling can overcome this.
    I haven't found anything that would turn me away from owning another CZ. Good luck

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks guys. I am wanting this for appendix carry so will be needing a holster too. I have a Dark Star aiwb kydex holster with a wing that I like so will probably looking for something similar. Dark Star doesn’t show P07 on their site though

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you're up to carrying with a light the Phlster floodlight is awesome, Tom at Dark Star does some great work too. I've had good luck with my AIWB holsters from Holsterco.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Another daily carrier with no issues. Great shooter. If you carry without a light the Vedder lighttuck works well AIWB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    When I AIWB carry I use a Clearwater tactical kydex that was made for the glock APLC very nice and comfortable.
    D9581F11-525D-4612-9014-D062A04F459C.jpeg

769FA4B2-2C32-484E-9228-B43DEFF36EA7.jpeg

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Looks like I am one of the cool kids now. Now I need to find a holster and maybe some more mags View attachment 90114
    Welcome to the club, you’ll never turn back now!! Only bad thing is you’ll be called a CZ hipster but it’s cool because those throwing out names are just haters. If you wanna pm me, I’ll give you your first holster free. I have an extra. Come to pace and it’s yours. It will give you something until you find what you want.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It's not like CZ doesn't know how to make a product with ample slide serrations. I've owned at least four different models of CZ military handguns (a couple of which Ridgerunner got from me, thank you sir) and they all had ample room to grab. Why would they think that civilians would be ok with a quarter of what was before?

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's not like CZ doesn't know how to make a product with ample slide serrations. I've owned at least four different models of CZ military handguns (a couple of which Ridgerunner got from me, thank you sir) and they all had ample room to grab. Why would they think that civilians would be ok with a quarter of what was before?
    It's not THAT much smaller than the grip area on a 75.

Top Bottom