• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combatcarl43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was looking carry something between a kind word and a gun. And was trying to see what my options were.

Was looking into saps, knuckle dusters and batons.. And while reading the applicable laws and was confused.
    are knuckles legal to carry with a CCW in Florida?

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wouldn't risk it at all, even if you consult with a lawyer. The FL Statues are confusing at best. Here's some guidance that would make me run, fast, from any inkling to carry "brass knuckles" with or w/o a CCW. (Plus I feel that they would be extremely ineffectual if needed - I'd rely on OC spray first. Any "self-defense" method that requires you to come into physical contact with your assailant is bad, dumb, and wrong IMHO):

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. Whichever a person feels works best I suppose. I keep a set of Leatherman pliers on me at all times also for work and fixing cars etc. I never leave home without them. I've found tho they fill the fist up nicely as a duster would. And if you really wanted to do damage you can use it like a skull crusher. It's also a low profile weapon that if you have to use, won't make it look as if you was looking for trouble sorta I think. Most actual "brass knuckles" people buy will actually do as much if not more damage to the user than it would do to the aggressor. They roll over and break fingers. Then add the fact laws are weird on those and gravity blades, I try to avoid them. It seems to me they frown less about a gun than certain switchblade and brass knuckles. Pretty weird. Especially considering when I go to flea markets and see cops patrol the tables where they're being openly sold at. And the cops don't seem to care. They only make a fuss about it if they arrest you and find them on you.

I honestly don't know if a CCW helps with carrying knuckles and switchblades tho. I was under the understanding they're just plain illegal.

I know little about blackjacks. I do know they was used with great affect tho when made from a sailors hat. I'd use one if I still wore hats maybe. They I think are plenty legal tho, I'm not sure about that tho. I'd like to hear someone explain the actual legalities of them all if anyone knows, and the Alabama version on the laws too please. Thanks!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    hand sized vice grips would make a good carry...double duty...duster or lock them onto something you want to stop doing something. It just might take a minute to get them unlocked. Who could protest pliers in your pocket.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yeah 790 doesn’t specifically state you can so I would not. It does say “790.09 Manufacturing or selling metallic knuckles.—Whoever manufactures or causes to be manufactured or sells or exposes for sale any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as metallic knuckles commits a misdemeanor of the second degree”

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I’m surprised no one mentioned a good flashlight, along the lines of a Surefire 6P or G2. Very effective fist-pack, and striking with the bezel. Very innocuous, and not considered a weapon, easy to carry, effective blinding tool in the dark….and actually useful as a flashlight
    You can carry it anywhere, and even fly with it and no one hassles you.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I’m surprised no one mentioned a good flashlight, along the lines of a Surefire 6P or G2. Very effective fist-pack, and striking with the bezel. Very innocuous, and not considered a weapon, easy to carry, effective blinding tool in the dark….and actually useful as a flashlight
    You can carry it anywhere, and even fly with it and no one hassles you.
    Old school maglight!

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    hand sized vice grips would make a good carry...double duty...duster or lock them onto something you want to stop doing something. It just might take a minute to get them unlocked. Who could protest pliers in your pocket.
    Who you ask. The same people who 'protest' the use of a device that protects the hearing of a shooter via a noise reduction apparatus that is screwed on to the barrel of your gun. Why a suppressor is even regulated at all mystifies me. Thanks for nothing Mr. James Bond.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    vice grips aren't on any radar anywhere
    I was referring to people who were asking questions after you finished mucking stalls

Top Bottom