• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been a S&W revolver guy forever and recently had the chance to pick up a Kimber K6S and put some rounds down range and I really like how the pistol felt in my hand the I feel these have the best trigger right out of the box.

I happen to go to my local gun shop and they had a K6S 3” which I ended up buying and I really liked how it shot and decided I wanted a 2” model to carry.

I sold the 3” and bought a K6S Classic engraved model which was a beautiful pistol, but I was afraid to use it as my EDC because I was too pretty to carry.

I ended up trading the engraved model for a K6S DCR model and this is the model I actually wanted and never seen a nice used one come up for sale.

I took it to the range and put a 50 rounds of 38 special and 38+P through it and the trigger is smooth and the pistol shoots great.

I will say that Kimber really did their homework on the K6S and this is a well made revolver and speaks quality when you have it in your hand. Very happy with the K6S DCR.

IMG_1637.jpeg

Last edited:

Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The k6s was definitely done right. For newer revolvers. It is one of my favorites. I’m partial to my smiths though. Always have been. Downside to the 2 inch k6 is it’s strictly for carry. Shooting 357 magnums at the range is not super fun with one.

bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The k6s was definitely done right. For newer revolvers. It is one of my favorites. I’m partial to my smiths though. Always have been. Downside to the 2 inch k6 is it’s strictly for carry. Shooting 357 magnums at the range is not super fun with one.
    I have also had a soft spot for S&W and my favorite being the 640-1 and it is also not pleasant to shoot full load 357 magnums out of it.

I do like the K6 and it’s about the same size as most J Frames and I use my J Frame pocket holster for my K6S and it fits like a glove.

Top Bottom