• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    You want to put your boats in here next time! There's all sorts of freshwater springs you can paddle into. It's a good days paddle upstream of where you put in on this trip. You'd be taking boats out at the public parking under the bridge, by Bear Paw canoe rental. This will take you right by the "ovens" so you can spend the night in the caves, dry and out of reach of rain or any possible flooding

Screenshot_20230619-200440.png
    Screenshot_20230619-200459.png

Hank62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We've had a lot of rain, the river will be high and it'll be hard to find a place to camp. Be careful. I prefer sit on top Kayaks. For me. They're more stable and easier to maneuver.
    Stay safe

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    My son/grandsons did 15+ miles on Saturday, camped and met me Sunday morning. Weather showed a heavy thunder storm moving in, so we set up camp at a new county boat ramp, storm split and missed us. Deputy woke us up at 3am to tell us we weren't allowed to camp there, no signage?? Couldn't make us leave on kayaks in the dark. 12 year old grandson was surprised that this was my 1st kayak trip. My son, loaded down and with the 8 year old kinda lagged behind most of the trip baiting hooks, but Monday when he got ready to go went into beast mode and left us in his wake. We made it off the river and we're eating at waffle house by about noon. It was a great trip, I'm looking forward to the next one now!

Top Bottom