• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I try to live by if I wouldn't say it to your face don't talk bad on the internet which is like talking behind someones back or getting in to somebody's business you may be right but in real life face to face you may have to answer for your words or your poor manners

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The low low price of $1900
    I just went back to see what the posting was about. Very first pop on google looks like $600.... I normally only laugh at those as we try not to give extra bumps and don't trash other folks listings. If its gold to him, great... He can keep it.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I look daily and many prices are, well, way more than an informed person would pay, but I just don’t buy! And if some poor uninformed person lists one under priced, well you know!-:)

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I visit other sites... and I must say this place here has some of the most inflated asking prices I've ever seen... when your ad gets bumped over and over, kind of a clue in "some" cases, unique or legitimate high-end items not included.

Also, some boards have it to where posting/asking questions does not bump the ad. Is that possible here?

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I visit other sites... and I must say this place here has some of the most inflated asking prices I've ever seen... when your ad gets bumped over and over, kind of a clue in "some" cases, unique or legitimate high-end items not included.
    Well, it's been bumped for 18 months, maybe this is the year it will sell?!?!??!?!?!?!

But this place also has the funky 'Cash Price' vs 'Trade Price', which is weirdly amusing in a way.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    But this place also has the funky 'Cash Price' vs 'Trade Price', which is weirdly amusing in a way.
    Item listed is 650 new, plus tax/ship/transfer.
    Cash price of 500
    Trade value of 550
    If you don't have cash, then I need something on my end to entice me to trade.
    Ultimately we both get what we want and you're not out any cash

Free market like you said.

Last edited:

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It's a thing for necessities, sure. Gas, food, etc.

But guns, knives, ammo, bass boats, trucks… nope. It's capitalism. Free market. Supply v Demand. Market Forces. Etc.

The SCREEECHING of Gouger on those things is music to my ears.
    Necessity is a relative term , and all markets are free markets . Capitalism is great but corporate greed also plays a major part in the supply v demand role .

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Item listed is 650 new, plus tax/ship/transfer.
    Cash price of 500
    Trade value of 550
    If you don't have cash, then I need something on my end to entice me to trade.
    Ultimately we both get what we want and you're not out any cash

Free market like you said.
    I know, but it's really the only forum that does it - so maybe it's the the water. I just put my price and evaluate trades on a case by case. Sellers are able to put any constraints on they wish, buyers are able to pick and choose.

Cjprall90

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oil companies - record profits , guess more people are driving cars than ever before

Any food item in the grocery store , I suppose I’ve seen a huge demand for snickers bars lately

Medicine , guess cancer is getting more contagious so I suppose raise the prices for drug therapy

Lumber - enough said

Cmon guy if you haven’t seen the pattern by now I dunno what else to tell you

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oil companies - record profits , guess more people are driving cars than ever before

Any food item in the grocery store , I suppose I’ve seen a huge demand for snickers bars lately

Medicine , guess cancer is getting more contagious so I suppose raise the prices for drug therapy

Lumber - enough said

Forgot Fireball. Cause without Fireball the body count would be staggering...

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Lumber - enough said

I see inflation and big companies trying to make up for the artificial COVID19 economy; sure there is a drive for higher profits, but if you think 'Corporate Greed' are driving prices up more than inflation, well then… :p

People wank about rental prices being so high. Well of course owners are going to raise the prices as high as possible, with demand high and supply low - plus nearly 24 months of people being able to live in your property and not pay rent, all while blowing their C19 funds on boats, cars, and drugs.

Just a byproduct of printing money and giving it away - it becomes less valuable.

But back OT, I don't see there anyway for any price on a custom knife being 'gouging', as it's not remotely a necessity for anyone except the 'knife dudes'.

Top Bottom