• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a new 3rd gen Just Right Carbine in 45 ACP that I took to the range for the first time today. I had never heard of this company until recently when I was searching for an affordable carbine in 45 ACP. Evidently the 1st and 2nd gen guns were somewhat problem prone, but they seem to have gotten most if not all of the bugs out with the 3rd gen.

JRC makes carbines in 9mm, 45 ACP (the one I have) and 40 S&W. They have 16” button rifled barrels and take standard Glock magazines (mine is a 13 round Magazine for a Glock 21). I also have an extended 26 round Asian Military magazine that turned out to be crap. It seems to only work if you only load 21 rounds as the first five will not feed properly. Oh well, it was only $20.00 and 21 rounds is still better than 13 rounds.

My carbine is the takedown model. The handguard unscrews from the receiver and the barrel comes out by pulling it straight out. The butstock comes apart similar to a standard AR15. Supposedly some of the parts are interchangeable with AR15 parts, but I couldn’t attest to that. The bolt handle and extractor/ejector are ambidextrous, meaning you can choose which side you want them on. I only changed the bolt handle from the left side to the right because that is where I a most comfortable with it.

Range report: Today’s range trip was just to be a function test for the carbine, but it quickly turned into an accuracy test also. Targets were set at only 25 yards as it was very windy and I didn’t really know how much a strong wind would influence a 230gr bullet. All ammo was 2A Warehouse bulk 230gr ball. All told, I shot about 100 rounds, the last 36 were the targets pictured. Targets were at 25 yards 13 rounds on each target, all from a bench rest. Optics was a cheap 4x ACOG knockoff because my red dot's battery died.

Overall, I am very pleased with this little carbine. I hope to get back to the range soon and test accuracy at 50, 75 and maybe even 100 yards.

Thanks for reading

Garry Johnson
    Just Right Carbine 45 ACP.JPG

JRC Targets 12-06.JPG

garryj

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just a quick update; I went back to the range to see what this gun could do at 50 yards. Since this was the first decent range day in a while weather wise, the range was extremely crowded. I do not like crowds, so I was in a hurry to shoot. This target is the best of the three groups I shot. The other two were OK, but this one is the best. Overall, not bad, but I need to get back to the range when it is not crowded and try some of my reloads. I think we (the gun and I) can do better.

Shooting was done from the bench with 2A warehouse bulk 230gr ball ammo, 13 rounds per target, same optics.

DSC00660.JPG

Top Bottom