• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Should have visited the RIA/ armscor plant!!!
    That would be cool, but I don't know if they accept walk-in visitors. Plus, the Manila area is a nightmare to navigate. I did visit a gun shop once and learned we can buy armscor pistols cheaper here than there....as if a foreigner could ever buy one anyway.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    That would be cool, but I don't know if they accept walk-in visitors. Plus, the Manila area is a nightmare to navigate. I did visit a gun shop once and learned we can buy armscor pistols cheaper here than there....as if a foreigner could ever buy one anyway.
    I'm always curious to know what hoops, if any are required in other countries to buy firearms.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I'm always curious to know what hoops, if any are required in other countries to buy firearms.
    I don't know all the particulars, but one must be a Philippine citizen 21+ to obtain a license to purchase/own, which involves background checks, mental health screening & drug testing, as well as training in safe firearm handling.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you cannot walk and put on your sunglasses without stopping, please surrender you driver's license.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Virtually every problem we now have in this country is due to the generation of "If you stop crying, we'll buy you something" believes they are more worthy and knowledgeable than the generation of "If you don't stop crying I'll give you something to cry about".

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Recently overheard was a father and daughter in their last moments together at the airport. They had announced the departure.
    Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the father said, 'I love you, and I wish you enough.'
    The daughter replied, 'Dad, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Dad.'
    They kissed and the daughter left. The Father walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?'
    'Yes, I have,' I replied. 'Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?'..
    'I am old, and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is - the next trip back will be for my funeral,' he said.
    'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough..' May I ask what that means?'
    He began to smile. 'That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone...'
    He paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, and he smiled even more. 'When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them.' Then turning toward me, he shared the following as if he were reciting it from memory.
    I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
    I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
    I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
    I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
    I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
    I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
    I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.
    He then began to cry and walked away.
    They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them; but then an entire life to forget them.

Top Bottom