• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have jury duty Monday. I was 18 the last time I went. That was in Cook county. I don't know what to wear. I know you can get away with business casual. Can you wear khaki shorts here?

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just walk in there and the first thing they ask you just yell "THAT PERSON IS GUILTY I MEAN GUILTY!!!!" You have been dismissed. I just got summonsed to for federal court. Four months ago I got summonsed for the state. Out of all the people and I get summonsed twice in the last 4 months. Dress code I think is pretty much what you would wear to an interview.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My mom got duty one time on a capitol murder case. First question asked was."Do you believe in the death penalty?". She answered "Damn straight,". She went home early.

I've been 3 times. My wife gets summoned a lot. She got picked for an animal cruelty that had some real gray areas. Old man, had hunting dogs that were found to be malnourished. It sort of boiled down to the fact that he was too old and too poor to care for them. Found guilty, got a fine and I think some short jail time plus lost the dogs. Very emotional for her as she got the impression that he was a dog lover, wanted to do the right thing but didn't face reality and quit keeping dogs.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got called once. Everyone there was either wearing business casual or some of the younger women were wearing righ miniskirts and heels. Lol

It was a case of a homeowner vs his insurance company for events following Ivan. Before any jury selection took place the judge talked with the plaintiff and the whole thing ended up going to a higher level. We were dismissed after that. Judge said he was going to write letters to the people who didn't show up and try to levy a fine or something. I called a few years later and accidentally missed it. Nothing happened.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just say you will be out of town on business.....that works too, as I was after Katrina in NOLA reworking
    underground primary distribution as the pumps dropped the water tables.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a little different view - I want thoughtful, intelligent folks to be selected to help ensure as best as possible the correct verdict is reached.

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had jury duty a couple of months ago in Milton. A 25 year old guy got caught with his hand in his 13 year old female cousins jeans. He didn't deny it, but said he thought it was ok because he loved her. Guilty as hell.

merkinman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had to do it ONCE, told the Judge I did not think he could protect me, my family or anyone else if the defendant got off. I then gave the judge his home address and I was quickly excused!

Top Bottom