Judicial Watch files wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the family of Ashli Babbitt

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    JW filed a $30M lawsuit against the U.S. Government.

Among other facts brought in the lawsuit were the previous issues and disciplinary actions against Lt. Byrd who shot Ashli.

Some quotes from the JW lawsuit:

"The facts speak truth. Ashli was ambushed when she was shot by Lt. Byrd. Multiple witnesses at the scene yelled, “you just murdered her.”

Lt. Byrd was never charged or otherwise punished or disciplined for Ashli’s homicide."
    "The lawsuit argues that, based on prior incidents involving Lt. Byrd, the Capitol Police, Capitol Police Board, and ultimately Congress, as Lt. Byrd’s employer, “knew or should have known that Lt. Byrd was prone to behave in a dangerous or otherwise incompetent manner:”

Less than two years before January 6, 2021, on or about February 25, 2019, Lt. Byrd left his loaded Glock 22 – the same firearm he used to shoot and kill Ashli Babbitt – in a bathroom in the Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) complex. Lt. Byrd’s loaded Glock was discovered during a routine security sweep later the same day. Approximately 15,00 to 20,000 people pass through the CVC, which serves as the main entrance for visitors to the U.S. Capitol, daily during peak season (March-July). Lawmakers and staff charged with oversight of the USCP were not made aware of the incident until contacted by a reporter.
    Lt. Byrd’s police powers had been revoked on more than one occasion prior to January 6, 2021, for failing to meet or complete semiannual firearms qualification requirements. In fact, Lt. Byrd had a reputation among peers for not being a good shot. Under USCP’s range management system, an officer who fails to meet firearm qualification requirements is given one week of remedial training. If the officer still fails to qualify after remedial training, police powers are then revoked until the officer qualifies.

Lt. Byrd’s police powers also were revoked for a prior off-duty shooting into a stolen, moving vehicle in which the occupants were teenagers or juveniles. The stolen vehicle was Lt. Byrd’s car. Lt. Byrd fired multiple shots at the fleeing vehicle in a suburban area. Stray bullets from Lt. Byrd’s firearm struck the sides of homes nearby. An official investigation found that Lt. Byrd’s use of force was not justified."

Let's see what happens on this!

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They’ve spun this thing so far this guy will come out a true American patriot who risked his life to defend the US as it came under attack by nazi insurrectionists. Sure they were unarmed and most not even trained in combat but regardless the biggest threat since 9/11. Everything about this system hates you and me. And then there are the “insurrection hunters” libtards I say the twats should learn what comes around goes around. Why haven't they been doxxed for all to see who THEY are?

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    They’ve spun this thing so far this guy will come out a true American patriot who risked his life to defend the US as it came under attack by nazi insurrectionists. Sure they were unarmed and most not even trained in combat but regardless the biggest threat since 9/11. Everything about this system hates you and me. And then there are the “insurrection hunters” libtards I say the twats should learn what comes around goes around. Why haven't they been doxxed for all to see who THEY are?
    If only this becomes true. Alas, byrd has to much melanin for that to happen. Can we consider reparation paid because byrd is not in an orange jump suit?

Michael-Byrd.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This forum is wild. If she had been shot by police at a BLM protest, it would have been “she should have complied with law enforcement orders,” or “FAFO.”

Well gentlemen, she did indeed “FAFO” and did not comply with LE instructions. I’m honestly surprised that capitol police showed so much restraint. I woulda tear gassed these idiots the minute the barricades went down.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This forum is wild. If she had been shot by police at a BLM protest, it would have been “she should have complied with law enforcement orders,” or “FAFO.”

Well gentlemen, she did indeed “FAFO” and did not comply with LE instructions. I’m honestly surprised that capitol police showed so much restraint. I woulda tear gassed these idiots the minute the barricades went down.

Go to the Judicial Watch web site and read what the lawsuit says.

Why did the incompetent not also shoot everyone else that was at the barricade? Why no warning before shooting?

I believe that he panicked and just shot. How may police recently have been charged with murder because the shooting was unjustified?

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    I didn't look it up. However, I heard or read Michael Byrd shot into a closed door. He didn't know what or who he was shooting.

iu

Latest posts

Top Bottom