• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We canned a bunch one time in Mason jars. It was just like canned salmon but without all the bones and trash you typically have to pick out. I might have to ask my dad how he did that

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Man post that up if you get it. I need to work on my canning skills. May try some venison this year.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am like my dad. I do not want white roe from the male mullet. Back in the '50's, in Panama City, the party boats would come in with stringers of huge trigger fish just to show off. They were considered "trash" fish and thrown overboard for the crabs and seagulls. A few years ago, Shrimp Basket was peddling grouper and got called out on it Then they said it was the grouper's "first cousin." It was determined to be basa and swai imported from the Mekong River. Commercially grown in polluted water and packed in ice frozen from the same water. I will love me some fresh gulf mullet though.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am like my dad. I do not want white roe from the male mullet. Back in the '50's, in Panama City, the party boats would come in with stringers of huge trigger fish just to show off. They were considered "trash" fish and thrown overboard for the crabs and seagulls. A few years ago, Shrimp Basket was peddling grouper and got called out on it Then they said it was the grouper's "first cousin." It was determined to be basa and swai imported from the Mekong River. Commercially grown in polluted water and packed in ice frozen from the same water. I will love me some fresh gulf mullet though.

Man when you could load up on trigs and nary a snapper about, my MiL could make those guys the star with a little pan saute. Good eating.

I had ordered the "Fish Sandwich" before I found out what Swai was, so I ate it--that one time. I guess it'd be worse if it came from the Ganges, but the Mekong River sure ain't where I want my fish to come from.

Top Bottom