• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey guys and gals. I am attending Sundays match and I am a first time shooter. Question, since it has been changed to a classifier can I still shoot it? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Yes, you can shoot it. If you want it to be "official" and actually count for your classification, you'll need to either join IDPA beforehand or shortly after the match.

pcfreddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, you can shoot it. If you want it to be "official" and actually count for your classification, you'll need to either join IDPA beforehand or shortly after the match.

Thank's for the information. I am sure I will not want it to count but I will go ahead and join now.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here's the video from my most recent classifier. There are others on youtube that will explain exactly what you need to do on every string.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Try to bone up on the rules so that you are familiar with the range commands and all of the safety rules. I wouldn't want you to get disqualified your first time out. There are a few rules to know and espcially the range commands which you can find here: http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/x2gukat1.wyt.pdf. You don't have to know them all, but get familiar, but read over espcially sections 2, 3 and 8. It's a lot of fun and we are always glad to have new shooters join us. You do not have to be a member of IDPA to shoot the first match, and you don't have to be a member of ERGC to shoot in any of the matches, but it does offer you a $5.00 discount off IDPA match fee if you are an ERGC member; bring your card.

pcfreddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Try to bone up on the rules so that you are familiar with the range commands and all of the safety rules. I wouldn't want you to get disqualified your first time out. There are a few rules to know and espcially the range commands which you can find here: http://members.idpa.com/Content/Rules/x2gukat1.wyt.pdf. You don't have to know them all, but get familiar, but read over espcially sections 2, 3 and 8. It's a lot of fun and we are always glad to have new shooters join us. You do not have to be a member of IDPA to shoot the first match, and you don't have to be a member of ERGC to shoot in any of the matches, but it does offer you a $5.00 discount off IDPA match fee if you are an ERGC member; bring your card.

Thank you for the information. I have been reading the rules, watching videos, and getting the gear together for about 6 months. I think of have an idea of how it goes. Now if I can just not screw up. I am really looking forward to it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thank you for the information. I have been reading the rules, watching videos, and getting the gear together for about 6 months. I think of have an idea of how it goes. Now if I can just not screw up. I am really looking forward to it.

Focus on safety more than anything. Your adrenaline will be pumping after a stage, so just remember that the "unload, show clear, pull the trigger, holster" part isn't timed. Take your time, breathe, and wait for the SO's commands.

As far as tips for the classifier: Don't miss. Misses hurt you very badly and they add up quickly. Make sure you get your head shots on stage 1 and treat stage 3 like a bullseye match. Those 25yd shots aren't easy when they're on the clock. You're better off taking that little extra time to refine your sight picture than you are to rush through and pull some shots. Actually, that's true for the classifier as a whole.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thank you for the information. I have been reading the rules, watching videos, and getting the gear together for about 6 months. I think I have an idea how it goes. Now if I can just not screw up. I am really looking forward to it.

Thank you for putting so much effort into getting informed and ready to participate. I really appreciate your effort and that will pay off in your shooting. Too often folks just want to come out and see how they do without much preparation. You'll be glad you joined ERGC; it's a good value and for a range where you can draw from a holster.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just get in teh same group as me...I make people look like professional shooters for free. Just have fun...last time I tried too hard to go too hard and tried to shoot a gun I wasn't familiar with so I could shoot CCP over CDP. Just relax and have fun.

pcfreddie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I made it!! I had a great time. I shot like poop, but I was safe and loved it. Also, I got to meet a lot of great folks. Thanks to all who made me feel welcome.

levi3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great match, many thanks to the guys who make this possible, you know who you are, thank you. Meet a lot of new shooters, and glad to have you. I hope to see all of you Saturday.

Top Bottom