• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't know if there are ant star gazers out there or just curious on what exactly this telescope will discover. NASA is suppose to start publishing phots around the 12th of this month. This telescope is suppose to make Hubble look like a child's toy. Here is some info about it:

The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) is a space telescope designed primarily to conduct infrared astronomy. The most powerful telescope ever launched into space, its greatly improved infrared resolution and sensitivity will allow it to view objects too old, distant, or faint for the Hubble Space Telescope.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sure hope we get hi res pics of the rocket body of "unknown origin" NASA just announced was seen crashed on the moon! I figure those will be classified tho.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I sure hope we get hi res pics of the rocket body of "unknown origin" NASA just announced was seen crashed on the moon! I figure those will be classified tho.
    I saw the mentioned on YouTube. Makes you wonder if someone slipped one off earth and evaded all known tracking methods, or if it was some old space junk style one. The scary part is no one knows. And if they can sneak one to the dam moon, well... they can't track things as well as were lead to believe. All agencies say they're rockets are accounted for also. It's a double crater also, which is puzzling also in itself. Very weird. So in theory it could have been two maybe?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WRM

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw a report this am NASA now is officially concerned regarding China's intents in regards to the moon. China's space program is run entirely by its military versus NASA's primarily civilian slant (as stated). Appear to be some indications/concerns that China may try to stake a claim to the moon (as in the whole thing). No suggestion yet I've seen that the rocket bodies are Chinese, but they had to come from somewhere.

Makes the show "For All Mankind" seem pretty prescient.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah I saw a documentary a long while back about how China weaponized a satellite they have. It can grab other satellites and inspect them and steal its data and spy remotely also after getting close, and or kill the satellite by grabbing and disabling it and then throwing it out of orbit. But since it had no actual gun on it, it didn't technically break any rules. It wasn't long after I saw that, that they made Space Force. It was a wake up sign that we was being not only caught up on, but passed up super fast. People make fun of why it was made. But after seeing that, it made perfect sense to me.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I saw a documentary a long while back about how China weaponized a satellite they have. It can grab other satellites and inspect them and steal its data and spy remotely also after getting close, and or kill the satellite by grabbing and disabling it and then throwing it out of orbit. But since it had no actual gun on it, it didn't technically break any rules. It wasn't long after I saw that, that they made Space Force. It was a wake up sign that we was being not only caught up on, but passed up super fast. People make fun of why it was made. But after seeing that, it made perfect sense to me.

I'm working on a new thread. Where this one is headed meets America in Decline. This is just the "tip of the iceberg". Stay tuned.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    China is trying to claim the whole moon. They will kick anyone off. Kind of like they been doing in the south China seas. Building all them islands and plopping military equipment on them. Russia is just the current distraction but China wants to overtake us as the world super power.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ever since the 1980s a loon by the name of Dennis Hope's has been selling moon land for 25$ an acre. What a deal right!? He even gives you a certificate of ownership when you buy some, so it must be totally real! He's since sold 611 MILLION ACRES!! He's crazy rich now! So maybe China can simply buy it direct from him and not waste money of silly things like rocketships. Or maybe Dennis can sell the rest to himself with all that extra money he made, and at a reduced employee price at maybe like 1$ per acre. So by the time China gets there, Dennis can just evict them and charge them with trespassing lol. All kidding aside tho if I remember the story when I heard it ages ago. It started at as a gag gift type thing for friends etc to give to each other and you hang it on your wall. But as it sold and began to take off, other countries got worried that it was a legit selling off of the moon! And they bought tons just in case. So now there's real countries will claims to own parts of the moon lol. So I'd like to be a fly on the wall years from now as this is all hashed out in moon court lol

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Hubble telescope is way to sensitive to point at the Moon, not the mention the JWST. The JWST will take no photos in visible light, any photos will be extrapolated from computer images taken by cameras in non-visible light, infared, UV, ect. Some of their cameras are cooled with liquid helium to near absolute zero, moonlight would wreck it.

Last edited:

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Hubble telescope is way to sensitive to point at the Moon, not the mention the JWST. The JWST will take no photos in visible light, any photos will be extrapolated from computer images taken by cameras in non-visible light, infared, UV, ect. Some of their cameras are cooled with liquid helium to near absolute zero, moonlight would wreck it.
    I've been watching the coverage of it since it launched. I love astrology just never got into exploring it much. I think I read some of your posts from the PFF. I'm Getsome on that forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom