• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting story. Even after the war union troops were looking for Hinson. It all started when Union soldier executed his two sons and placed their heads on the family gate posts that Hinson started killing .

1595560553617.png

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    WOW. I've never heard this story before. Looks like the barrel is rifled which would account for the rifle being accurate to that distance.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WOW. I've never heard this story before. Looks like the barrel is rifled which would account for the rifle being accurate to that distance.
    The technology for making accurate heavy rifled muzzle loading had been known by then for a long time. I am wondering if those were the original sights. I doubt that fixed open sights would have been adequate for what he was doing. The displayed rifle had been through a fire.
    Sniping rifle type from the time of the civil war.
    1595592993981.png

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In the early days of the conflict in SE Asia the MAC(V) SOG guys were using (and handsomely paying) a French national to do the same thing.
    This was in about '62 or early '63. His family had owned a rice plantation up close to the DMZ and the VC had wiped out his entire family.
    He had early French Foreign Legion expierance and nothing left to live for,so he started looking for his "pound of flesh". It took the SOG guys about 6 months to find him and hire him. With the up to date intel and financial backing his body count quickly jumped from 30 or so to up over 200 and most likely much more.
    This guy was ruthless,highly motivated,knew the landscape,and was an extremely good shot. The fate of the Frenchman was unknown.
    This is the story as I heard it from two different,half drunk,Americans. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom