• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwitchDaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, I have shoulder issues from time to time so carrying concealed can be a bit of an issue. I am looking for options to carry in small of back or in that area but all the options I have found have the pistol handle facing the spine. I can draw from the back holster IF it were reversed, meaning the handle faced outward. What are some options for good holsters that you all can suggest for purchase? I carry a 9mm Taurus most of the time.

thanks!

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can make you an IWB with the gun facing any way you want/need. Pm me for pricing...John.

TwitchDaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I actually pulled up some vids about SOB type carry. Opting not to go with left hand holster due to the fact of your hand having to go IN your waistband and the positioning of your finger in regards to the trigger. Found an Alien Gear holster that I am gonna give a try at about the 4 o'clock. If it doesn't work, i'm sure i'll be posting it for sale on GCGF!!

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I actually pulled up some vids about SOB type carry. Opting not to go with left hand holster due to the fact of your hand having to go IN your waistband and the positioning of your finger in regards to the trigger. Found an Alien Gear holster that I am gonna give a try at about the 4 o'clock. If it doesn't work, i'm sure i'll be posting it for sale on GCGF!!

I think you will like the Alien Gear holster. Cant beat the price and free shell swaps for life.

cablechris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seeing this makes me feel better about buying 2 of the Alien Gear holsters. Ordered them 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously look in appendix carry. I just started carrying that way because the firearm is always in my "work space", it is extremely comfortable, and with a bad shoulder no reaching back. Yes it is pointing at vital areas but we all know that a firearm will not just go off sitting there. Most of the accidents you hear are when the shooter goes to re-holster or at least that is what I found online. It took me a few days to get use to it but now I won't go back!!!

Last edited:

TwitchDaddy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously look in appendix carry. I just started carrying that way because the firearm is always in my "work space", it is extremely comfortable, and with a bad shoulder no reaching back. Yes it is pointing at vital areas but we all know that a firearm will not just go off sitting there. Most of the accidents you hear are when the shooter goes to re-holster or at least that is what I found online. It took me a few days to get use to it but now I won't go back!!!

I've actually carried appendix for a long time now. IN certain situations though, having to bend over, twist and such, the gun and holster really digs in if you know what I mean. I will appendix carry if im going shopping or out and about for sure. having the "other" SOB area option though especially if I am wearing a shirt and tie or even sport coat though, makes more sense.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've actually carried appendix for a long time now. IN certain situations though, having to bend over, twist and such, the gun and holster really digs in if you know what I mean. I will appendix carry if im going shopping or out and about for sure. having the "other" SOB area option though especially if I am wearing a shirt and tie or even sport coat though, makes more sense.

Yeah I know what your talking about. Boxer briefs help out that problem but some people don't like wearing nut huggers haha now the tie and sport coat I can the other option.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Always point your weapon in a safe direction. Pretty sure the femoral artery and your jingling bits are NOT a safe directions. But hey, if you've got balls to spare, go for it. Lol. Jmo.

Kanaloa

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a damaged strong side shoulder and not always confident with a 4:00 or further back carry position. I have settled on a 3:00 IWB with a Milt Sparks Summer Special or similar design Davis Leather. The design is more narrow than many IWBs such as a cross bread style and ride comfortably at that position.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    As far as the actual topic, while I usually prefer OWB, for IWB, I like N82 holsters. They work with or without a belt and are super comfy. I believe they'd do a fine job in your application.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always point your weapon in a safe direction. Pretty sure the femoral artery and your jingling bits are NOT a safe directions. But hey, if you've got balls to spare, go for it. Lol. Jmo.

It isn't pointed in safe direction but my shield still hasn't gone off yet ;) Actually when you carry when is it pointed in a safe direction?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom