Patriot Mobile

ISO getting a barrel threaded to 5/8-24.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoughRoad42

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am interested in getting a rifle barrel threaded to 5/8x24. I currently have a Marlin 7000 chambered in .22LR with a bull barrel, I'd like to get it threaded for a suppressor.

I am looking for recommendations for a machinist/gunsmith/gun shop in the NWFL area.

Let me know, thanks!

Iamnick

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Most .22 silencers are threaded in 1/2x28, and that is out of necessity. Theres a good chance your barrel is not thick enough to thread it 5/8.
    They make adapters to step it up which can be used. What silencer are you getting?

RoughRoad42

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll double check the OD of the barrel, my suppressor is fitted for 5/8-24, as are the other rifles I use it with. I have a few 1/2x28 adapters, just figured it'd be more convenient to have everything threaded the same. If it requires 1/2x28 threads that would be fine as well.

Iamnick

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    One last thing, a lot of people do not recommend shooting rimfire through centerfire cans because most centerfire cans are welded shut and arent able to be cleaned easily by the user. Rimfire rounds are dirty and will build up on your baffles over time.

Not saying you cant do it just wanting to throw out some info incase you werent aware.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    i would think a bull barrel would by definition be thick enough .. and yea you would need to think about how easily your existing suppressor is to clean..
    rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am interested in getting a rifle barrel threaded to 5/8x24. I currently have a Marlin 7000 chambered in .22LR with a bull barrel, I'd like to get it threaded for a suppressor.

I am looking for recommendations for a machinist/gunsmith/gun shop in the NWFL area.

Let me know, thanks!
    Bring it to me at Talon Outfitters. Exit 192 off the 10. I'll thread it for you.
    Gunsmith At Talon 928 710 7353

Top Bottom