• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Any of you folks have a good 22 , I'm trying everything to get my wife Into target shooting with me . She's not a 9x19 nore a 380 fan

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The S&W M&P 22 Compact is the most reliable .22 semi-auto handgun I have ever owned. It is not ammunition sensitive like many .22 semi autos. (I have owned Ruger 22/45, Walther P-22, Chiappa, Ruger Mark I & Mark II, Sterling, Beretta Bobcat.) The M&P 22 Compact is the only one I still have. Good luck!

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    The S&W M&P 22 Compact is the most reliable .22 semi-auto handgun I have ever owned. It is not ammunition sensitive like many .22 semi autos. (I have owned Ruger 22/45, Walther P-22, Chiappa, Ruger Mark I & Mark II, Sterling, Beretta Bobcat.) The M&P 22 Compact is the only one I still have. Good luck!
    Sound advice.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    OK, here's my offer:

Your'e in Milton; I'm Milton, north of Whiting Field. I have a S&W M&P Compact and a Victory. Compact has factory open sights. Victory has a red dot sight (factory sights, which I have are green fiber optic) (Victory came with optical mount accessory which replaces the open sight mount). Victory is heavier, as it's all stainless steel. Come over and shoot both and/or have your wife shoot both. Can be shot in my yard or we go into the goat pasture and set up some cans to shoot at a little farther away. That way you'll have a better idea of what might work for your family's use. Both are equally reliable. At this time, neither is for sale, but you'd get some hands-on experience to help you make a decision. Can fire them with and without a suppressor if desired. If without a suppressor, bring hearing protection. With suppressor no hearing protection is needed.

If yes to my offer, we'll do further conversations via PM's.

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm great full for the offer , I'm sorting a deal out with red horse on that .22 ppk atm I'm going to give it a go . There's a dirt pit on 87 we shoot at you're welcome to join us this Sunday if you'd like

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wouldn't buy anything with a lightened aluminum slide. Go get an all metal Browning Buckmark or a Ruger Mark whatever. Neither are ammo finicky. They will last forever and make you both better shooters.

Arby

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Any of you folks have a good 22 , I'm trying everything to get my wife Into target shooting with me . She's not a 9x19 nore a 380 fan
    I currently own a Smith Victory, 22A, Buckmark, Ruger MK1 and MK3, Colt Woodsman, P22 Walther, Beretta Neos and a few others. If I was to buy another .22LR it would be another Buckmark. I trust it and trying to find another 22A at a reasonable price is hard along with finding more magazines for it.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    When I taught conceal carry classes we used Beretta Neos' 22's and never had one hiccup and we shot thousands of rounds through them. Everyone called them the space guns but they all shot great. I still have 2.

Med24

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I forgot to mention earlier, I have a s&w 22A - good plinker but gotta keep it close squeaky clean or it jams. Prefers copper tipped ammo, but will eat lead if freshly cleaned.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    When I taught conceal carry classes we used Beretta Neos' 22's and never had one hiccup and we shot thousands of rounds through them. Everyone called them the space guns but they all shot great. I still have 2.
    Yep and you can mount a scope if desired plus barrel changes are a click away.
    20220628_141516.jpg

Top Bottom