• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sad commentary. My 4 years in high school pretty much everyone carried a Buck 110 or Uncle Henry openly an during deer season there were a bunch of rifles n shotguns in pickups. This was Tate High 84-87.

phibrybout

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sad commentary. My 4 years in high school pretty much everyone carried a Buck 110 or Uncle Henry openly an during deer season there were a bunch of rifles n shotguns in pickups. This was Tate High 84-87.

I remember it this way as well! I graduated from Tate in 88 and I definitely was one to have a rifle or shotgun in the gun rack and never got questioned for it except for where I was going hunting or what I was hunting for. Sad world we live in!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys are younger than me (graduated HS in '75) but honestly, can you think back on anyone dumbass enough to do stupid crap at school? We even had all that racial stuff, started by REAL racists (remember H.K Mathews and Ruby Gainer??) and no one pulled a gun. I can guarantee that at any time there was probably at least a dozen vehicles in the parking lot with firearms.

I wonder if all this fretting over crap only makes matters worse. The biggest druggies I knew later in life had extremely strict parents, a few with preachers for fathers. When I say strict, I mean over the top, not just dad popping you a good one for a smart mouth or doing something extra dumb. I really think that these school shooters like the CT mental defective do what they do because it's such a big deal. Bet if you had armed teachers and staff that popped a few kids as soon as they started shooting, and didn't make it national news there would be less incidents.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I forget what they were talking about last week but on the Today Show Matt Lauer kinda stuttered when whatever "expert" they were interviewing said that all the news coverage could cause copycats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom